cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make current value defaults including tab controls

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello fellow LabVIEW enthusiasts, 

I would like to make all current values default of all of the controls in my front panel, regardless wheter they are contained in tab controls or not. In my application, I typically change several controls and then Control + A --> Edit --> Make current values default --> Control + S.

This approach however does not work with tab controls: the tab is selected when one "selects all" but not the controls therein (I attach little VI to make my point clear).

I have navigated this forum and found some potential ideas: 

But I need some guidance: Is there any simple way to select all of the controls in the front panel in general, and then simply make all default and save them? Alternatively, I would be happy if any change I make to any control stays, so that all these concerns are over (I don't understand why this "autosave" is not an option in LabVIEW..).

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(898 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rpicazof

If you don't select anything, the menu will make all current values default, including things in tabs.

altenbach_0-1626015703652.png

The problem with that is that it will also make all indicators default, which is not necessarily desirable. That's why we have this idea.

Message 2 of 3
(895 Views)

wow, what a simple solution, thank you so much! This is going to save me massive amounts of time😁

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(881 Views)