LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQ 2 Gas Sensor VISA/ Labview

Hi Guys, 

I'm still learning labview. I dont know much.

I need to create a display who will show me the informations about MQ2 gas sensor. (Gas level and air quality).

I dont know how to do it = (

Can someone help me?

Where sould i start?

Do i need first to create a code in Arduino IDE and after programming in Labview?

Or can i go straigth to labview?

Message 1 of 11
(4,892 Views)

You have more issues here than not knowing LabVIEW....

Question 1) Do you know anything about the MQ2 Gas Sensor other than that it measures gas level and air quality?  Like how it works and communicates?

Question 2) You brought up Arduino IDE... why?

Question 3) Do you know C?

Question 4) What do you know that can be helpful for this project?

This is not meant to be rude.  This is just a great place to "start."  Ask yourself these questions.  From here... take the next step forward.  All we're seeing and hearing here is, "I don't know" and "I'm not gonna try to know."  I can tell you right now, for this particular project, the internet is littered with everything you could possibly need.  Search. Read. Learn.  Help comes to those who help themselves.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,874 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

You have more issues here than not knowing LabVIEW....

Question 1) Do you know anything about the MQ2 Gas Sensor other than that it measures gas level and air quality?  Like how it works and communicates?

Question 2) You brought up Arduino IDE... why?

Question 3) Do you know C?

Question 4) What do you know that can be helpful for this project?

This is not meant to be rude.  This is just a great place to "start."  Ask yourself these questions.  From here... take the next step forward.  All we're seeing and hearing here is, "I don't know" and "I'm not gonna try to know."  I can tell you right now, for this particular project, the internet is littered with everything you could possibly need.  Search. Read. Learn.  Help comes to those who help themselves.

That sensor is a hobbyist sensor meant for the Arduino Uno market.

When used with the Arduino, the combination in essence becomes a cheap analog input device.

He doesn't even need to write anything in LabVIEW.

Any other programming language can be used.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,866 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

@DailyDose

That sensor is a hobbyist sensor meant for the Arduino Uno market.

When used with the Arduino, the combination in essence becomes a cheap analog input device.

He doesn't even need to write anything in LabVIEW.

Any other programming language can be used.

I know.  I'm trying to help this individual figure it out for themselves.  By asking these questions for themselves, maybe they can find solutions.  You can't solve a problem if you don't ask yourself just what exactly it is you're solving.  A quick internet search and I was able to do everything this person wanted in an under an hour.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,862 Views)

Like you I am tired of these posts from people expecting everything to be handed to them.

It is the new world where everybody is too impatient and don't want to make the effort.

The new generation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,857 Views)

1) i dont know much about MQ2 gas sensor, i only know it uses the voltage to masure the gas level, right?

2) I brought up Arduino IDE because in my researches i found out i need first to create the C code in arduino, and later, the labview interface.

3) I know C enought to make it work on arduino IDE.. Its working, showing the gas temperature for me.

SORRY, it was not my intention to look lazy or wanting you to do it for me.

I'm just afraid of doing something wrong and burn the sensor.

I can run the gas sensor in Arduino IDE. Its working .. but i want to create some kind of interface in Labview.

The great problem is I dont know how to use the Arduino code in Labview. I MADE SOME RESEARCH and the people said first I need to create the code in C and later, create the interface in labview.

AGAIN ... I'm not asking for someone do it for me .. I DONT WANT THIS. I'm just lost, really.

I just dont know how to make arduino IDE work with Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,839 Views)

SORRY, it was not my intention to look lazy or wanting you to do it for me.

I'm just afraid of doing something wrong and burn the sensor.

I can run the gas sensor in Arduino IDE. Its working .. but i want to create some kind of interface in Labview.

The great problem is I dont know how to use the Arduino code in Labview. I MADE SOME RESEARCH and the people said first I need to create the code in C and later, create the interface in labview.

AGAIN ... I'm not asking for someone do it for me .. I DONT WANT THIS. I'm just lost, really.

I just dont know how to make arduino IDE work with Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,838 Views)

1. Write a sketch (that's what they call a program for the Arduino) that sends data to LabVIEW.

2. Write a LabVIEW program that can read the data from the Arduino.

You are not going to be able to do this in a day.

It requires you to learn how to program in C/C++ for the Arduino.

It requires you to learn how to program in LabVIEW.

It requires the serial port for the communication link between the two.

Look to see if LINX firmware will work for you. If you don't know what it is, Google!

This will take time.

If you don't want to spend time learning how to do this work, you can

1. tell your boss you can't do the work if this is a work assignment

2. fail the class

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,830 Views)

I managed to make the sensor work on Arduino IDE.

I can see the results in the serial monitor.

I tried to make it work on labview, but it did not work very well.

Actually when i run the .vi i do not receive any error...

Can someone help me figure out when it's the error?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,817 Views)

This is why you shouldn't post the same question in multiple threads.  You are getting help split up between the threads, and it wastes people's time answering your question when it is already answered in the other.

I'm going to point you to your duplicate post in the other thread so you can read the replies there.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-read-Serial-Data-from-Arduino-using-labview-VISA/m-p/3842441...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,812 Views)