LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOSFET IV curve tracer

HELLO

I am facing problems with the results that i get as IV trace of my transistor MOSFET, and I don't know where is the problem, is it a hardware issue or a software issue.

I am using NI Elvis II+ and labview 2015.

the results and the programe are in the pictures below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,251 Views)

You gave us a couple pictures.  But you haven't told us what the problems are!  ??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,240 Views)

since I am using a MOSFET ,I am expecting to get something like in this picture

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,235 Views)

Looks to me like you don't have a common ground in your circuit.  But you don't provide enough details for anyone to help you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,179 Views)

hi I got the characteristic of my MOSFET finally,  but I need to make sure that I am using the DMM connection correctly in my Elvis .

please can you take a look at the pictures below to see the connection that I made.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,169 Views)

Hello, I am a beginner and I would like to ask you a question.

How to get MOSFET devices using Labview?

I want to design a 4x4 array MOSFET device automatic test output and transfer curve program. But I do not know how to obtain MOSFET devices, can you give me guidance?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,923 Views)

Hi junyangan,

@junyangan wrote:

But I do not know how to obtain MOSFET devices, can you give me guidance?

Thank you very much!

To obtain MOSFETs you just open your favorite distributors website and order some MOSFETs suitable to you!

Some big companies are AVNET, Farnell, DigiKey, Mouser, Distrelec, …

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,910 Views)

Wow, thank you so much for your help.

I'm confused right now. Do you mean that LabVIEW is used to design test systems and cannot simulate MOSFET devices?

Because my task is to design the automatic test output and curve program of MOSFET device, this means that the program must have MOSFET device as the test target.

Sorry, I'm really not clear about this problem, and I hope you can help me understand it. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,899 Views)

Hi junyangan,

@junyangan wrote:

Do you mean that LabVIEW is used to design test systems and cannot simulate MOSFET devices?

Because my task is to design the automatic test output and curve program of MOSFET device, this means that the program must have MOSFET device as the test target.

LabVIEW is software and you can write your own software with any requirements you have.

Your MOSFET is hardware and you  want to measure/test that hardware: so you have to buy real hardware!

In addition you also need some DAQ devices, which are controlled by LabVIEW, to output voltage/current and measure voltage/current…

(Well, you could write a function/VI to simulate the behaviour of a MOSFET, but that doesn't seem to be the goal of your exercise…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,894 Views)

@junyangan wrote:

Sorry, I'm really not clear about this problem, and I hope you can help me understand it. Thank you very much!

Hello Junyangan, 

You need a source meter (or some other ATE that functions as a source meter) to do IV curves for a mosfet. Based on your question, your best bet is to rent a pair of source meters (one for the gate and one for the drain, there are some keithleys that have both in one unit). You need to decide the power of the source meter based on the MOSFET you are testing. You can check them out here: https://www.electrorent.com/us/search?search_term=source+meter

After you have the source meter you can write some labview code that talks to the source meters. The newer source meters use LUA and the older ones use SCPI to program them. This will give you the ability to do transistor sweeps / IV curves and all that. 

(1,880 Views)