From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODBUS Library query not executable

Hello Everybody,

I have made a simple program in LabView by using modbus-rtu library Protocol and in which I generate the query but that query showing in error which stats (Not executable) and after the CRC-16 generated when it comes to the read holding registers it shows (error 56). Which stats communication time out and i tried multiple delay as well but no response at the end. 

I have attached the screenshot and also code please anybody could help me in this troubleshooting ERR 56.

Error 56_2.JPG

Front Panel_1.JPG

  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,131 Views)

Any Specific Reason for Starting address as 1152, Usually it should start with 0.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,103 Views)

Wajiddjo_0-1675253980582.png

because starting register (Upper and Lower)

Like 0480H converting into decimal it will be 1152 

and No. of holding register 0004H thats why I split it into two one upper and one is lower register value.as mentioned in figure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,099 Views)

It's a stretch, but try reading from register 41152 or register 41153. Holding registers generally, but not always, start at register 40001. I've come across many devices where the documentation states it's at something like register 7, but I really have to read 40008.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,081 Views)

Double check the connection settings. If the address is invalid, you should get a different error. A timeout means there is no response at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,065 Views)

Connection are ok and as per document it stats that when certain LED or steadily illuminate like i have attached the description down please check

Wajiddjo_1-1675306267141.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,011 Views)

I have check the connection as well its all good and according to the manual it stats below i have attched the snapshot.

Wajiddjo_0-1675315566006.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,029 Views)