LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAtlab Script nodes error 1050 and 1047

Hi!
I have an Labview 8 interface, which contains a MATLAB script node to implement an external MATLAB algorithm to my interface.
I have run everything with MATLAB 6.5 but know I have MATLAB 7.3.0 (R2006b) and id does not work anymore. I always get the error 1050 or 1047 if i run the Labview interface.
It seems like, Labview can not send the input 2D array to MATLAB 7.3.0 anymore and run the algorithm.
What is the problem with the connection between LV 8 and MATLAB 7.3.0, since it has worked with MATLAB 6.5?
1050: too many inputs
1047: not able to send the input to the script server
Please give me advice ASAP.
Thank you!
Daniel Herrmann
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(5,991 Views)
The answer to this thread can be found here.
Lorielle P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(5,969 Views)
I am using Matlab 7.4.0 and LabView 8.2.  I am also running into errors 1050 and 1047.  Furthermore, as I'm running my matlab script node within LabVIEW, it says that a certain file does not exist.  However, the file does exist and the code works perfectly fine in Matlab alone.  Is there a way to fix this?  Does it involve downloading the previously mentioned items?  Or should others be downloaded since these are different versions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(5,812 Views)

Hi econwendy,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments!  I have been looking into your question a little more and I have some suggestions for you.  With respect to error 1050, there are a couple of things to try:

·    First, see if the Matlab Script Node is trying to open any files. If so, then make sure that the current Matlab directory is set to the directory where that file is located. The Matlab script node in LabVIEW does call the Matlab script server and executes the function in the Matlab script node through Matlab. Therefore, even though LabVIEW may be in the correct directory where the file is located, make sure Matlab is as well.

·    The error may also occur if there is a disruption in the script server between MATLAB and LabVIEW and the connection was never re-established (possibly by closing MATLAB prematurely). Close both LabVIEW and MATLAB then relaunch them both and run the VI.

As for downloading those other files that are mentioned in the previous post, this is definitely something that is often used to solve a large amount of these errors.  The first link attached below goes through this process.  The second link that I have attached below goes through the process used of trying to fix the 1047 error.  Please try these options out and if you are still having trouble, please feel free to post back.  Thanks!

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4475BC3CEB062C9586256D750058F14B?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2B3FF46C8512C4F786256CF30071BE53?OpenDocument

Regards

Noah R
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(5,795 Views)

I am also getting same error. (1047)

What I found while trying to solve this problem is memory issue. If possible try to minimize your input and output variables. Otherwise best solution for this, create 1D array of input and output variable. This should solve your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,415 Views)