LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATLAB 7.0 and Labview 8

Hello,

I downloaded the evaluation version of LV 8 from the NI website.

I tried to run the MATLAB script node with the canned example vi's in LV 8, namely Fractal.vi and Lorentz.vi.

I get errors 1050 and 1047 for the two VI's.

it appears from the errors that LV 8 and MATLAB 7.0 are not communicating properly. Labview Tech support has not been able to help me out yet.

Anyone else facing this problem ? Maybe someone in NI development should throw some light on this recurring issue with every version upgrade.

Ajay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(8,009 Views)

Hello Ajay,

This issue should have been fixed in LabVIEW 7.1.1, so I will look into why you are still seeing the behavior in LabVIEW 8.0.  By the way, which release version of Matlab 7.0 are you using (R13, R14...)?

In order to resolve this problem, you need to copy the DLLs found in the following KnowledgeBase: How Can I Resolve MATLAB and Xmath Script Node Issues in LabVIEW? into the National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\VERSION\script directory.  That KnowledgeBase details the steps you need to take to resolve your errors.  Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(7,972 Views)
Wendy,

I am using the following MATLAB version:

Output of >>ver in MATLAB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version 7.0.4.365 (R14) Service Pack 2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2)
Java VM Version: Java 1.5.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shouldn't LV 8 automatically have the latest version of matscript.dll ? Do I still need to download it and replace the original one?

Thanks,
Ajay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(7,933 Views)
Hello Ajay,

You are correct, and as I mentioned in my previous post, this should have been resolved in the version of LabVIEW you downloaded from the web.  But I would like you to try downloading the DLL again so I can document whether the fix in the KnowledgeBase still works and whether or not it applies to the version of Matlab (including service pack version) you are currently using. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(7,925 Views)

Hi Wendy,

I tried your suggestion but still get **exactly** the same error. Errror 1050 with Fractal.vi (since it has no input going into MATLAB) and error 1047 from Lorentz.vi.

Ajay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(7,918 Views)
Is there any solution to this issue now? Error code 1050 when using LabVIEW 8 and Matlab7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(7,729 Views)

I am also having this problem with LabVIEW 8 and Matlab 7 (R14).  It has also given me problems recognizing any variables as outputs besides real (in particular strings and arrays).  Any help would be appreciated!

-mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(7,650 Views)

I figured out that my problem with the output and input errors in the program I was creating: It was solved by saving and closing the LabVIEW VI after adding/removing any inputs/outputs and then reopening it.  For some reason, the Matlab script server will then recognize them.  This may not solve the original problem, but it may help some people in interacting with Matlab!

-mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(7,637 Views)
Hi all,

I also have error with LV8 and Matlab 7 R14 : Error 1047.
Yesterday my Matlab script worked properly but today I have this error message !!
I've tried to re-create a Matlabe node, restart Labview, etc. but nothing work...

Is there a ptch to download ?

Sincerly

Olivier
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(7,517 Views)
Hi Olivier,

We have good steps outlined for fixing one potential source of this error, as Wendy mentioned, in our our KnowledgeBase.  We also have a maintenance release out for version 8.0 of LabVIEW, which you can download here.  Besides these two, I'm not aware of any patches available for 8.0 that would be relevant to the issue.  We have also released LabVIEW 8.2, and you can download a full evaluation version here to verify that the issue no longer recurs in the most current version of the software.

I have to say, though, if everything was working fine and suddenly you hit this error, it would be most helpful to know what changed in your system between it working and not working.  Did you restart the machine, apply a Windows Update, or change your file security settings?  Did you install/uninstall any software?  Did you close LabVIEW, modify an installation of NI software, or log in as a different user?  Anything like this might give us some hint as to what changed in your system to allow this error to occur.
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(7,491 Views)