LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX not recognizing DAQmx Hardware

Suddenly MAX is not recognizing any DAQmx hardware.  I've tried to repair all NI Products, different cables, carriers and modules and nothing seems to be working.  The hardware always shows up in window's Device Manager as a NI device but doesn't show up in MAX.  I'm running Windows 7, Labview 2010 SP1, NI-DAQmx 9.3, and MAX 4.8.  Anybody else having this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,651 Views)

Can you up-load a screenshot of the MAX software area

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,650 Views)

I have had my max db corrupted on several occasions, this is a possibility.  There are some notes on dealing with this although I have always ended up deleting the db and starting over. 

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,647 Views)

I can't because I have been trying to go back to NI-DAQ 9.22 because we have a computer that is still working running that version of NI-DAQ.  All other computers that have version 9.3 are not working.  I'm having trouble installing 9.22 though because the setup freezes and locks up windows halfway through the install.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,622 Views)

Hey drb12345,

First, if you are trying to downgrade DAQmx, make sure to uninstall the 9.3 version before trying to install 9.2.2. 

Note: The act of deleting the data folder will remove all custom scales, tasks, etc. that are within MAX, so backup everything first if you need to.

Second, I would highly recommend taking a look at the following articles:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B9107A7F281F9B408625720B0078E5A8

and

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9?OpenDocument

These articles should help with database connection and corruption, as you said you can see the devices in the correct place in the device manager. 

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,604 Views)