Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing data along wire when not in Highlight Execution

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by GammageATX

@Kevin_Price

I *think* I have an old, vague memory of encountering a similar puzzling situation with a DAQmx task probe that showed content in some probe locations but not others.  Unfortunately, I have no recollection whatsoever of how that situation resolved itself.  It just makes me inclined to consider the possibility that a DAQmx task refnum can behave a little different than common data wires like numbers, strings, and booleans.

I am pretty sure that I have seen this also when debugging. Try adding something like this to your initialize, it worked for me in my application, have not tested yours.

snip.png

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(540 Views)

@GammageATX wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make this strategy work to pass along the reference for the Get and Exit cases.

That is because the local variable is a race condition.  It is very likely read before the control is updated.  So you are really just reading the value from the previous run of this VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 32 of 33
(539 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

@Kevin_Price

I *think* I have an old, vague memory of encountering a similar puzzling situation with a DAQmx task probe that showed content in some probe locations but not others.  Unfortunately, I have no recollection whatsoever of how that situation resolved itself.  It just makes me inclined to consider the possibility that a DAQmx task refnum can behave a little different than common data wires like numbers, strings, and booleans.

I am pretty sure that I have seen this also when debugging. Try adding something like this to your initialize, it worked for me in my application, have not tested yours.

snip.png

mcduff

This fixed it! I guess without a name the task didn't leave the loop for some reason.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(475 Views)