LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for editable cluster array example

I am trying to implement a program where a user can enter data into a group of basic numerical and string fields to make a single object, and then have an array of those objects. I can do this pretty easily with a cluster array control. However, I would also like to be able to edit the fields programatically, for example the user can click a button and chose a file, and it will override the values for the current indexed cluster in the array.

However, I can't figure out how to access the currently visible cluster in a cluster array, or how to edit the string/number controls within the cluster control within the array control.

Is there an example available for something like this? Am I going about this in the wrong way? I am new to LabView, and I'm thinking it might be the latter, but I can't figure out an alternative way.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,027 Views)

I posted code to display and edit an array of clusters in a table recently.  Is this close to what you'd like to do?  The code might be a bit complex for a new LabVIEW user, but if it's an approach you'd like to pursue I will try to help you modify it.  It would be easy to add an additional column with a button that you could click to select a file, and then use the values from that file to fill in the appropriate row in the table.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,025 Views)