LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logo on Application

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new to Labview Programming, and everyone should forgive me if my questions are considered funny. I have two questions, and there are:

1. How do I deploy or run a Labview 2013 application which is an application for data acquisition/logging and uses USB-62xx device as the DAQ device?

2. How do I insert a company logo or picture on my Labview 2013 application?

I would be most grateful if anyone could really help me with answers and possible resources I could check online.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,957 Views)

As you are using LabVIEW 2013 then check out the online training - it's the best place for you to start, and will only cost you time. Otherwise, inside the help files there are a load of fundamentals, and that will give you a lot of information. The question you have asked is so wide as to be almost impossible to answer. Check out http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14457/en for information on some of the online training, and to quote http://www.ni.com/labview/whatsnew/ "Every copy of LabVIEW includes free basic and, now, advanced LabVIEW training." so start with that, it will get you a long way. If you don't have access to the development environment, then http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/ will take you to the online help files if that's where you would rather start.

For your actual questions: 

Question 1 - what do you have at the moment? What is the DAQ device doing - vaguely at least, which model is it? Is this an exe you're building, or are you running it as a project on the PC with LabVIEW? Do you have a VI to begin with? Do you have a project? Where are you at? My instinct is, you are at the very begninning, so try the help files that ship with LabVIEW, and the onl;ine training I've mentioned above.

Question 2 - As a picture control, it will make sense and be almost as easy as dropping it into a word processor document once you've been through the fundamentals and getting started information.

Message 2 of 6
(2,946 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tebefia

@Tebefia wrote:

I am new to Labview Programming, and everyone should forgive me if my questions are considered funny. I have two questions, and there are:

1. How do I deploy or run a Labview 2013 application which is an application for data acquisition/logging and uses USB-62xx device as the DAQ device?

2. How do I insert a company logo or picture on my Labview 2013 application?

I would be most grateful if anyone could really help me with answers and possible resources I could check online.

Regards.

1) If you have application builder you can make your program an EXE and then run it.  On a fresh machine you will need all the drivers and runtime engine needed.  This depends on what things you used in the application but is likely DAQmx, and the LabVIEW 2013 runtime engine.

2) A picture control can be used, but if you just want a static image, (like a label that doesn't change when running) then just copy and past the image to the front panel, or even the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,914 Views)

I humbly thank you both for your kind responses and advise.  God Bless.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,906 Views)

Hello I am also new using LabVIEW,

I recommend to use decorations palette if you want to give more formality to your front panel including top or botton banners, for example. Also you can modify the background by inserting an image or even usign images as buttons.

Related to the .exe just pay attention when you build and deploy, so you can include source files, assign a directory, etc.

If you are having issues related to drivers, software, hardware always check on MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) to look if you need any update or so.

I know that your questions were answered, but I wanted to share some very simple tips.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,883 Views)

VictorD, thanks for your response.  It sure helps too.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,858 Views)