From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login and Retrieve Data From Website Using Labview

I am trying to login into a given website and retrieve three results. I can auto fill the Username and Password, but cannot submit the login information. I have tried from examples here, but cannot get over the hurdle. After, I do login I would like to read back from the embedded web browser three results into three separate strings. I am using LabView 2016. Any help would  be appreciated.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,076 Views)

Attached you will find the source of the website I am working. Also, the button I need to login with is coded as follows in the webpage form.

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-default">Login</button>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,046 Views)

Hey JDClark123!

I tried logging into your website using the [Peter,  !@#123ASDasd] login info and got an error that the user doesn't exist. Can you confirm a working login to use for testing? I would expect that you can use the same method to search the HTML for "button" and then use an invoke mode to "click" the IHTMLelement. That should submit your login info and let you pull the data from the website.

-TyVo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,023 Views)

TyVo,

Thanks for the response. There is a username and password setup in the VI as controls on the front panel. I tried your solution, but receive an error Unknown System Error in dev.vi. I have attached the updated VI. Thanks in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,017 Views)