LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking LabVIEW Project Libraries and Building Applications

[LV2009]

I am finding that if I lock a LabVIEW Project Library (including members) then I get the following Build Error when Modify Project Library after removing unused members is checked in the Build Spec:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:
Error 1562 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in AB_Engine_Find_Unreferenced_Library_Members.vi->AB_Source_Library.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

[LV2009]ddfd

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The specified project or library is locked.
Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1562 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in AB_Engine_Find_Unreferenced_Library_Members.vi->AB_Source_Library.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The specified project or library is locked.

I can workaround this Build Error by either unlocking everything at Build time (far from ideal) or unchecking the Modify option, which the help says will only slow down the Build process:

Modify project library file after removing unused members—If you select to remove unused members of the project library, place a checkmark in this checkbox to direct LabVIEW to modify the library so that the library file does not refer to the removed members. If you do not modify the project library, the application may take longer to build.

What I don't understand is that LabVIEW Project Libraries that ship with LabVIEW that are Locked or Password Protected do not cause this issue when building.

So far this issue makes distributing Locked Libraries (or PP) painful however, it is something I want to continue to do.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,699 Views)

I used the attached files and could not reproduce the problem.

George M
National Instruments
Message 2 of 15
(6,683 Views)

Hi Gmart

Thanks for replying.

Is there any other reason I could be seeing Error 1562 then?

As mentioned, as soon as I unlock the Library (or removed the password etc...) the issue goes away?

Cheers

-JG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,672 Views)

I'm not sure. It's possible it may be related to passwords even though the error says locked. Without knowing the specific setup, it's hard to guess what may be going on. If you can narrow down the problem (I'm assuming this is not a small application), that would help in tracking this down.

George M
National Instruments
Message 4 of 15
(6,669 Views)

Ok, I ran your VIs - yes there is no error, but it was a basic example so I added a few Classes to your Library and locked them (which is my Use Case) and I was able to generate the Error.

Attached are your edited files, hopefully you can replicate the issue? Here is a video demonstrating what I am seeing:

Cheers

-JG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,663 Views)

This issue has been reported to R&D. The issue was reproduced and is under investigation. CAR# 249939 was filed to track this issue.

George M
National Instruments
Message 6 of 15
(6,620 Views)

I'm getting the same error in LabVIEW 2010 building a project containing a file from the gmath toolkit.

I'll attach the sample code and paste the build log contents below.

Kind regards

Duncan

Ericsson Television Ltd

06/01/2011 15:03:22
[General]
Project: D:\National Instruments\SR_979324\Test.lvproj
Target: My Computer
Build Specification: My Application

[Source Files]
D:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\gmath\NI_PDE.lvlib    25/06/2010 15:13:02    10.0.0.0

[ERROR]
Code:1562
Property Node (arg 1) in AB_Engine_Find_Unreferenced_Library_Members.vi->AB_Source_Library.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

[Output Files]

[Errors]

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The specified project or library is locked.
06/01/2011 15:03:29

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,122 Views)

Hi Duncan,

As George noted above, this error has been reported to R&D, and they have begun work on resolving the error. 

In the meantime, have you tried to work around the issue with jgcode suggestions?

jgcode wrote:

I can workaround this Build Error by either unlocking everything at Build time (far from ideal) or unchecking the Modify option

And watch for this issue to be fixed in a future version of LabVIEW.

Kind regards,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,040 Views)

Hi Fred, thank you for replying.

Yes, if I uncheck the 'Modify project library file after removing unused members' from the Additional Exclusions properties page, I can build the project, albeit slowly.

The reason for posting my symptoms was because mine is a slightly different scenario,  which I agree is probably the same root cause..

jgcode was using LV2009, whereas I'm using LV2010 and also my issue is with a locked LabVIEW toolkit library file, whereas jgcode says "What I don't understand is that LabVIEW Project Libraries that ship with LabVIEW that are Locked or Password Protected do not cause this issue when building.".

Many thanks

Duncan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,021 Views)

Hi Duncan,

I took another look at the CAR that was filed, and I'm not sure if there's a technical reason that this error wouldn't apply to a LabVIEW shipping library. Password protecting the library prevents Application Builder from modifying that library at build time, resulting in the error. Beyond that, I don't really know the technical intricacies of this failure case.

In any case, you're likely correct; this CAR covers your issue as well.

I hope this helps,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,979 Views)