cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Variables in Labview NXG?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I'm using LabVIEW NXG and am having trouble figuring out how to create a local variable.  In all the tutorials I can find (which admittedly seem to be run with older versions of LabVIEW), I am told to simply right click and the option to create a local variable appears... but on my program it is simply nowhere to be found.  Am I missing something? 

[Context: I am connecting through Visa to multiple serial ports.  In a nutshell, I'd like the user to be able to choose how many ports to connect to, and to use the same 'send command' and 'stop' buttons for all ports that are connected.  It seems like the best way to do this would be to create a local variable from the first stop control, and use that to control the remaining loops.  I did try putting all ports into the same loop, but that creates difficulty if/when the user selects only one or two ports to connect to.  Hope that makes sense.]

Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by crossrulz

They're now referred to as Duplicate Terminals. Here's a list of other terminology changes between LabVIEW and NXG.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
Message 2 of 4
(3,690 Views)

Ah that explains it, thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,662 Views)

I was trying to figure this out too. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,001 Views)