From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load combobox items from file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I dont know do I use correct components here, but I have tried to load some dropdown selector's items from file. I have file, which items changed all the time, so I have to load those to user's dropdown selectro every time when program starts. Eny ideas?

A.A

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,498 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alias A

Use a property node Strings

Strings [] Property

Short Name: Strings[]

Requires: Base Package

Class: ComboBox Properties

Array of the strings from which you can select in the combo box control. Use the Strings And Values [] property to specify custom values for each string.

If you use this property with a combo box control that has custom values, the number of values for the combo box control determines the number of strings you can set using this property. For example, if the combo box control has the values Free, Discount, and Full, you can set only three strings using this property.

If the combo box control has more values than the number of strings you wire to this property, LabVIEW creates strings for any values that do not have corresponding strings. For example, if the combo box control has the values Free, Discount, and Full and you wire the strings Voucher and Coupon to this property, LabVIEW sets the last string to <Full>.

This property is similar to the Edit Items item on the shortcut menu of a combo box control and to the Labels option on the Edit Items page of the Combo Box Properties dialog box.

Omar
Message 2 of 3
(3,481 Views)

Great! Thank You Omar. Got it working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,457 Views)