LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load code in arm through serial connection

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying the labview for arm module to reduce the time to market of my products. My question is if there is a way to load code to the microcontroller through a serial connection like rs-232 or usb, since I will have to upgrade system firmwares remotely.

Thanks.

Charles Trépanier

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,058 Views)

Yes there is.  The user manual on your ARM microcontroller should describe how to do this.  We use 4 different ARM7 controllers.  To program them serially either with RS-232 or a USB-232 converter, check out FlashMagic.  There should be a serial port on your device that can be configured for this purpose.  For development use, it's free.  If you want to use it in production, it is $500.00 for unlimited systems.  Pretty inexpensive really.

Have you considered programming through JTAG?  JTAG is much faster than serial programming, if you have access to the port, which you should.  You might consider using a 3rd party programmer such as Segger FlasherArm.  Using FlashMagic with our controllers takes about 2 minutes per device.  The JTAG takes about 18 sec.

FlashMagic is the way to go for field upgrades.  We have integrated it with our own software using its .dlls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,037 Views)