LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License manager status for Labview runtime

We are using  a shared license between  Test PCs(for production) & our Development PCs  so  that I can test  the  Project before Deloyment.

The test PC used to  Snatch  the Development  License when   the EXE runs on it.  The issue seems to be solved.

How can I   concurr  from the License Manager that  no  development License is being    Hold  - up by the  test PC.

what   does   the License manger show if  labview   Runtime runs on the PC or precisily said   what it doesnot show.

hope the issues is rightly formulated !!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,805 Views)

The runtime engine does not need a license. You probably won't see it in license manager. The license is needed to build your VIs into an executable but not to run it.

(There are a few exceptions...things like TestStand, NI Vision I think require a deployment license)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,802 Views)

yes Teststand needs Deployment license.

But how can I guarantee that no licence is being used by  Labview on that maschine.  As in the past It will   take a developer license.

Does NI provide any automatic method to check the same.  Can I block the PC from Taking the licenses?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,781 Views)

I'm not 100% sure of what you mean but you can:

- Deactivate a license in NI license manager by right clicking on it

- Untick 'use volume license server' in license manager in you are using VLM

- Delete the license files from your computer (there's a folder on your computer somewhere where they are all kept) - do with caution and backup the files first.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,773 Views)

thanks for the fast and accurate  Info ,  Sam.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,755 Views)