Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leak bug dynamic call VI without FP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Thierry,

The program in which this issue was detected runs already for several years,

The version from which it was now converted is 2009, in which the "Asynchronous Call Node" was not available.

So it's a new feature and we tend to not implement every new feature as it can cause new bugs. We also don't implement the newest LabVIEW version untill SP1.

If the old situation is not supported anymore you have to find a new solution, but when it works there is no direct need for replacement.

Kind regards,

Bert

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(721 Views)

Hello Bert,

I wa splaying around with your code and it seems like the leak has disappeared now.

I only did one real change.

I removed your "8" constant and did a "Right-click > Create>Constant" and it seems like the leak is gone.

Can you test this at your side?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(704 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bert_INCAA

Hello Thierry,

The leak is indeed gone, but I found out it wasn't the change with my "8 constant" but the error shift register.

It appears the "run vi method" needs the front panel to be available, as stated here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvprop/vi_run_vi/

So that was the problem, thanks for helping.

Kind regards,

Bert

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(700 Views)

Hello Bert,

Indeed, you're completely correct.

I just added those shift registers out of personal habits and debugging purposes.

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier, I'm just so used to using asynchronous calls that I forgot that Note.

is there anything else left that I can help you with?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(696 Views)

Hello Thierry,

This problem occured in testing for an other problem, normally I would use the error too to log and take action but forgot to check in this test VI.

It's a good reminder to always check the error.

The other problem is not solved with this, so maybe you can look after that problem?

Kind regards,

Bert

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(692 Views)

I am subscribed to that post too.

Can you post a reminder message on it?

This way Norbert will first get the time to check it.

Today I will most likely not have time to check it out, but in the next few days I should be able to find some time.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(687 Views)