LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LeCroy Histogram Measurement Question

Greetings,

I have a LeCroy 6030 I am using to develop automated test routines.  The standard scope functions I have completed, and an moving onto the more difficult, namely jitter measurements.  I can configure the scope manually to do a measurement Histogram, but am not having any luck doing this with a program solution.

I have the VI tree and the examples, but can't seem to make it work.   Optimally I would like to set this up, let it run for X time (for development purposes around 10 to 30 seconds - but in use I would probably let it run for several hours), and then look at the standard statistical measurements:

mean

Min

Max

S Dev

Num (of samples)

Any suggestions?

Mike

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,334 Views)

Hello Mike,

I believe I just sent you an email regarding this.  I did not see that you already had the drivers and communications setup so it has a lot of extra information that you will not need.

Take a look at the XStream Browser section I pointed to.

The Browser (In my opinion) is the best documentation we have on commands.

It is actually an application that connects to the scope application and presents you with interactive control of everything the scope is capable of. (including all of the Jitter Analysis tools).

I provided my direct contact information in the email so feel free to contact me with any questions or challenges and I am always happy to help out.

Cheers,

Leonard Brown

LeCroy Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,331 Views)

Hi Leonard,

Small world, huh?  I continued looking into it and was having a problem figuring out the example that LeCroy had.  I took the example LeCroy WAve Series Acquire and Read mymeasurements and started running with it.  I was able to get the LabVIEW drivers to start the collection, run the collection for a given time period, and then read the results with the Read Waveform measurement (Px statistics).  So the short answer is that using the LabVIEW drivers I can start and run the acquisition and read the results but not configure the results.  Being able to configure the histogram at this point is going to have to be a future enhancement unless you can point me to the hooks in the VBScript.

I played around with the VBScripting briefly about a year ago but since I have slept since then forgot most of it.  🙂 

I have some questions you could answer about the VBScript:

1) Does the VBScript have to reside on the scope?

2) Can I send the VBScript via the LabVIEW drivers?

I am making use of a LabVIEW application called iVVivi to automate testing and ultimately would like to store the entire configuration in an INI file.

I think that's about it.

Thanks

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,317 Views)

Hi Mike,

Have you seen these documents below yet? Read through them and see if they help.

Using LeCroy Waveseries Oscilloscopes Over the Ethernet Using VISA
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C228F68A4DEDD8E78625724400623433?OpenDocument

mask test remotely with LeCroy 6030 oscilloscopes
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/mask-test-remotely-with-LeCroy-6030-oscilloscopes/td-p/968563

oscilloscopes LeCroy
http://forums.ni.com/t5/High-Speed-Digitizers/oscilloscopes-LeCroy/td-p/946240

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,292 Views)