Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lavbiew Save Error code 3:FP heap

Lots of fun. After months of working quite well, LV9.0.1 has begun generating

"

Labview: Generic error.

Cannot save VI "Master_2.vi".
Lavbiew Save Error code 3:FP heap."

when I go to save the clean up of my VI. AND just to make the pot sweeter, it has erased the saved file from the llb. The last discussion I found of this problem related to an error in handling a ring control. This one is pretty simple in that respect, and I find no rings to fix. So far it has cost about 2 working days, and convinced me that LV 9 is not a stable platform.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(5,845 Views)

Hi Fred,

Sorry to hear that you're getting this error.  We've seen this a couple of times before and there were a few things that were tried to resolve this issue if you're still able to access your VI.

First, try copying and pasting the contents of your VI into a new VI and try to save it.

If that doesn't work, try removing all of the code from this VI and see if it lets you save.  If it does, then one way we've seen to solve this is to begin adding parts of your VI back in, saving after every step or two.  Eventually, you should be able to narrow down what has been corrupted in this VI.  Just replace the corrupted functions and try it again.

Again, this is the way we were able to solve it previously- hopefully this works for yours too. 

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(5,832 Views)

Cutting and pasting into a new VI yielded the same error on attempting to save.

The "cleaned up" version was lost when I had to shut down. The original (backed up every half hour I think), was gone. An earlier version, backed up once a day automatically by our local server, was used to recover the first time. I do not think I have the time to deconstruct this one step at a time to figure out what is making LV9 sick. This is not like a complex program. a lot of little pieces, but nothing torturing the system in any way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(5,818 Views)

Fred,

Something else that we've previously found with this issue is that uninstalling and reinstalling Labview seemed to fix a lot of these issues.  On rare occurrences, something within LV can become corrupt and the only way to fix it is to reinstall. 

I know re-compiling your code can be time consuming, so hopefully this will work and prevent you from having to go through that.  If the code is something that you'd be able to attach here, I'd be happy to try to open it on my machine here to see if I can reproduce the same error message.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(5,814 Views)

Here is a library with the most current I could resurect. Several important changes that are needed were lost each time the system crashed, so I do not know how much of this will actually work. I am re-building it in LV 8.2 at this time.

It has been suggested I may need to rebuild LV to get over this. I may try that, but must also suggest 9 is too unstable to use. At least that is how it appears at this time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(5,807 Views)

Fred,

I opened your library and went through each file using LV 2009 and saved it, ran them, and tried what I could to reproduce this error.  Everything saved and worked fine on my end and I didn't see the 3:FP heap error message.  My suggestion to you is to re-install LV 2009 as one of the program files may have become corrupt.  It doesn't appear to be anything with your VI based on my ability to save with no problem.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but let's try a re-install and see if it works from there.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(5,788 Views)

Hello,

Just to report that I got the same message on LabVIEW 2011 and because it seemed to be saving my changes I closed everything and then the file was corrupted.

I had to find previous version of it with system restore to resolve the situation.

Be careful with this error!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(5,706 Views)

I ended up rebuilding labview entirely after removing the installation. The particular file that had been corrupted I resurected from a much earlier version and finally got it all togather. Still no clue as to what broke, but I have not had any trouble since.

Labview. Reinstall every 6 months.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(5,699 Views)

Hi Eleftherios,

Are you by chance using any DAQmx functionality in the VI that's becoming corrupt and producing this error message?  Also, are you using the silver controls for LabVIEW 2011?

If so, this is an issue our R&D is aware of for LabVIEW 2011 and is being addressed in CAR #308696.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(5,684 Views)

Good morning,

Yes i am using Daqmx among other drivers and also yes to using some silver controls (which in some cases come up by default if you choose create control).

Could it be because i have both 2010 and 2011 on the same machine?

Since i retrieved the project everything is working great ( so far )

Regards,

Eleftherios

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(5,681 Views)