LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latch when pressed timer start

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,I am trying to make a timer which starts at 0 after I press the start button,that timer needs to be shown on the screen(it already is) ,problem is after I press the stop button i want the timer to stay at 0 or to start again at 0 and after I press the stop button I want the data from the combo box and the "tanc incarcat" control and the time it took for the "stop" button to be pressed after the start button was pressed( the "ok" one in this case).My only problem is that the timer runs in the background even after the stop button was pressed.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,432 Views)

Several comments.

• Spend more time with the LabVIEW Tutorials (or, better, find a LabVIEW Guru and get some "hands-on" instruction in the basic concepts of LabVIEW, paying attention to Loops and Shift Registers).
  • While I'm not a big fan of Express VIs, the two Timer Express VIs (Time Delay and Elapsed Time) aren't bad.  I know they are in LabVIEW 2016, and I think they are also present in LabVIEW 2015.  If you are inexperienced in LabVIEW, don't try to re-invent the wheel.
  • It is hard to "stop a clock", but it is easy to "remember the stop time" and to "restart an Elapsed Time Clock".

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 4
(2,406 Views)

Thank you for the help,I will try to use the Time Delay and Elapsed Time VIs ,as for learning I need to learn on the go,I have no one who knows LabVIEW in that much detail and most I can only learn online,but I hope I will be able to use this forum to grow and become an expert at LabVIEW eventually.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,387 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lopimank

Well I've been able to make it work with my own idea,it now saves all the data that I need.Though maybe later I might need to change it I wanted to have a staple for a similar app,since I need this to run 24/7 and not only that it might be able to add addtional information to this VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,382 Views)