LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land & Sea controller with LabVIEW?

Hello all,

I currently have the Land & Sea dynamometer setup with Dyno-MAX 2010 Pro and am in transition to a setup using LabView but intend on keeping the controller purchased from Land & Sea. However I am encountering the problem of finding a bridge for LabVIEW to communicate with this controller and was unsure if it is even possible. When I contacted Land & Sea all they would tell me is that the information on the controller was proprietary. Another key piece of information is that we are swapping out our analog to digital converter from the Land & Sea Dyno-MITE to NI's X Series. It could be possible that the Dyno-MITE makes conversions to the control signal before it even gets to the software, which could make this even more challenging. Everything else, such as our harness, dynamometer, sensors, etc. will remain the same. So to make things a bit more clear

Old Setup

Software: Dyno-MAX 2010 Pro

Analog to digital converter: Dyno-MITE

Controller: Land & Sea

New Setup

Software: LabVIEW

Analog to digital converter: X Series

Controller: Land & Sea

If anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed, or tips to use in LabVIEW on how to allow the controller to communicate with LabVIEW it would be greatly appreciated. I will post a link leading to pictures of the harness schematic as soon as possible. Let me know what other information you might need to help.

Best regards,

Travis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,417 Views)

what type of "Controller" is the Land & Sea thingy?

If memory serves me the only Land & Sea thing I ever touched was an ethernet to serial adapter and I was not impresed (had to re-boot after each usage becuase it failed to disconnect from a process ... any process) with it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,400 Views)

It is an eddy current controller with AC absorbers.

Here is a link to the Land and Sea website with their description:

http://www.land-and-sea.com/eddy-current-dynamometer/eddy-current-dynamometer.htm

Also here is a picture of the harness schematics:

Schematic2-page-001.jpg

More specifically:

schematiczoom.jpg

where the red box is our controller connection, and the yellow box is for our RPM.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,382 Views)

Hi tleast,

Have you seen this information on how to use NI-DAQmx with Dyno-Max 2010:

http://www.land-and-sea.com/dyno-tech-talk/ni_board_support.htm

Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support