LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of data triggering

Solved!
Go to solution

If my system does not receive any data within a ~10 second span, it begins spitting out values of 0 into the histograms.  I have already removed the error messages so that the system does not stop entirely.  I want to system to wait indefinitely for a data point ... is there a variable that sets this time limit for triggers?  I'm using ni-scope VIs for the DAQ process.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,409 Views)

Is it possible to post your code so we can look at it?  Its hard to tell what is wrong when you give so little to go on.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,406 Views)

Ya, I'll post it tomorrow when I'm back in the lab.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,403 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,370 Views)

Hello bbentelin,

Could you tell us what daq device you are using? As well as more information about your application? You mentioned in your first post you are using NI-Scope for DAQ device, do you have a Multifunction DAQ device or NI Scope device?

Regards,

Jignesh

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bbentelin

Look at the context help for the function niScope Multi Read Cluster.vi, then look at the description for the Timeout terminal.  It says to use a value of -1 to wait for an infinite amount of time for data input.  If you create a constant on the terminal, you will see that the default is 5 seconds.  That is why you are getting values of 0 even though there is no input.  But setting the timeout to -1, your problem should be solved.

Bon Chance!

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,330 Views)

Merveilleux! Merci Beaucoup!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,320 Views)