LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview2017 will disable my wifi connection

I have the very same issue. I once installed LabView (I believe it was the 2017 version) and noticed that my wifi would get disabled (shows the red x and won't identify networks) every time it comes back from sleep. Rebooting fixes the issue. Eventually, this led to my laptop occasionally crashing when coming back from sleep. I remember doing some digging and finding that it was a network driver that was having issues (netwtw04?). Not sure how or why LabView is causing this. No solution I tried fixed the problem so I had to reinstall windows.

Flash forward a few months, and I just installed LabView 2017 again and lo and behold the same problem resurfaces. Does this have something to do with "fast startup"? I chose not to disable it during installation. I will try to disable it manually and see if that fixes the issue.

I am using a Lenovo T450s running Windows 10 (version 1709). Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 41
(1,483 Views)

This might be a long shot, but does changing the power settings for the wifi adapter have any effect? If you open Device Manager and find the adapter, right-click and select Properties, there's a Power Management tab where you can uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 41
(1,476 Views)

Apparently disabling "fast startup" did not solve the issue. Now sometimes in addition to disabling the wifi, it breaks the audio output as well. Now my laptop thinks there are no audio devices installed. Labview has definitely messed up with a bunch of my drivers or at least messing them up when the laptop comes out of sleep.

I will try your suggestion and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 41
(1,463 Views)

I downgrade the labview to 2016 finally....no solution for this issue so far.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 41
(1,449 Views)

@TomcatG wrote:

I downgrade the labview to 2016 finally....no solution for this issue so far.

I guess these cases only appear with certain hardware and driver combinations. Very mysterious. I advise you people with such issues to contact NI directly, and they can look into these issues deeper. For sure you will get more help than here in the community forum.

Most of the people use LV2017 without any issues, so these must be a very few special cases. I use LabVIEW 2017 SP1 on 5 different computers at my work (including notebooks and desktops too), and also on my home PC. Never ever seen such WIFI issue...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 41
(1,442 Views)

Samething happens to me after installing NI-DAQmx 18.1.

This happen both of my Lenovo's T530 with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wifi adapter.

Only work around is to reboot computer.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 41
(1,348 Views)

So, I have the very same issue too... Once I installed LabVIEW 2017 I have experienced problem with my WiFi connection, when I put my computer in the sleep mode and when I turn it on again, back from the sleep mode, the WiFi simply stop working. My WiFi card is a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.  I have tried contact Dell Support and they said me to format my computer! Very bad support... But I formated my computer and guess what? After I installed the LabVIEW 2017 again, the problem come back again. So, could anybody help me? My creativity is almost in the end. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 41
(1,266 Views)

have you contacted NI about this issue?  It seems this is a real issue and the more data points they have, the better.  It appears to be a LV 2017 vs Intel Wireless-AC adapter issue.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 41
(1,254 Views)

Funny thing, I just installed DAQmx drivers on my laptop the other day, after avoiding installing LabVIEW for almost a year out of fear, and the same issue is happening again. This marks the 3rd time I have had this problem. Every time I would have to reinstall windows to fix it. I was hoping that just installing DAQmx without installing LabVIEW wouldn't cause an issue, but sadly I am going to have to reinstall windows again. I just wanted to test one of the DAQs my lab was using just that one time. This is really annoying and frustrating.

As suggested, I have made a "Service Request" to NI. I am not sure how or if they would be able to resolve the issue. It seems the damage has been done already by just installing NI software.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 41
(1,241 Views)

@gbj6142 wrote:

Funny thing, I just installed DAQmx drivers on my laptop the other day, after avoiding installing LabVIEW for almost a year out of fear, and the same issue is happening again. This marks the 3rd time I have had this problem. Every time I would have to reinstall windows to fix it. I was hoping that just installing DAQmx without installing LabVIEW wouldn't cause an issue, but sadly I am going to have to reinstall windows again. I just wanted to test one of the DAQs my lab was using just that one time. This is really annoying and frustrating.

As suggested, I have made a "Service Request" to NI. I am not sure how or if they would be able to resolve the issue. It seems the damage has been done already by just installing NI software.

That makes some sense, since DAQmx installs drivers that could overwrite or disrupt each other. I doubt LV itself is the problem. What of the earlier posters, did you also install DAQmx and which version?

I got a similar problem recently where a couple of DLLs has stopped working partly or fully, but that must be a windows update.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 41
(1,223 Views)