From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview2017 will disable my wifi connection

I'm facing the problem of my wifi currently.

My laptop's WIFI connection will be diabled by installing labVIEW2017. 

The wifi can be activated by reboot, but it will happen again once the laptop goes into sleep mode. 

And already confirmed with my IT guy that it is not due to the network or laptop itself.

Does anyone has the same issue with me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 41
(4,388 Views)

I never heard about such problem. Why do you think the LabVIEW IDE has anything to do with this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 41
(4,365 Views)

Because this issue happened after I upgraded the Labview2016 to 2017 under win7. After I decided to upgrade the OS to win10, it happened again when I finished the installation of LV2017. Before the WiFi was working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 41
(4,358 Views)

@TomcatG wrote:

Because this issue happened after I upgraded the Labview2016 to 2017 under win7. After I decided to upgrade the OS to win10, it happened again when I finished the installation of LV2017. Before the WiFi was working fine.

I still do not see any possible relation between LabVIEW and the wireless adapter. When you say "your wifi disabled", you mean the adapter is disabled? What do you see when you go to the "Network and Sharing Center" --> "Change adapter settings" (might be bit different under Win10)? Does your adapter appear there in a disabled state?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 41
(4,344 Views)

Yes, you are right, disabled my adapter. My adapter showed there are no wifi networks here. The probelm is I can't enable my wifi adapter anymore,unless reboot my computer. Today, I uninstalled the labview2017, then the wifi works fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 41
(4,310 Views)

The license for LV 2017 is also good for any version before that.  Would you be willing to experiment and put, say, LV 2016 on your computer to see if that works?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 41
(4,306 Views)

I suggest you to contact NI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 41
(4,298 Views)

What's the exact make and model of the WIFI adapter? What chipset does it use? What kind of driver are you using (from the company, built into windows, etc.).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 41
(4,291 Views)

I had installed the LV2016, and such issue haven't occurred again. I want to upgrade to LV2017, actually. It seems I only can use LV2016.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 41
(4,243 Views)

my laptop's model is HP 830 G3. My IT colleague had tried updating the driver, but it still doesn't work. We also asked HP's guy to have a check on my laptop. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 41
(4,242 Views)