LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview

Hello

how can I create a tension with 1Volt = V1 and V2 = 3 volts

and graphically, starts at the beginning of the signal! 1 volt and runs straight towards the x-axis then rises up to 3 volts and then comes back down to 1 volt.
on the x-axis shows the time.

and all this graphically as a triangle wave. ???

then I want to know how can I get a TTL pulse signal produce?
Message 1 of 12
(3,262 Views)

Hi Paolo,

you surely mean "voltage" instead of "tension" Smiley Wink

Well, see the attachment for triangle waveform generation and display. There are more "waveform generation" functions already available in LabView, just look in the functions palette...

What do you mean by TTL pulse? Are you talking about how to get 5V amplitude? Or how to use some DIO-hardware? Or maybe some AO hardware? Or just some "square waveforms"?

The more specific the question, the better the answers.... You could even start with using more descriptive message subjects Smiley Wink

Message Edited by GerdW on 12-08-2008 06:53 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 12
(3,240 Views)

GerdW wrote:

you surely mean "voltage" instead of "tension" Smiley Wink

Or simply "Spannung". Can stand for either. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,219 Views)
people I can not very good englisch I have the text in google written in German and then translated into English .the both words  have the same meaning in German 🙂
tension = voltage
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,212 Views)

Yes, language is confusing, because we have "high tension wires" (which actually means "high voltage", they are not under high tension e.g. like guitar strings) 😄

You can also post your question in German. Many will understand it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,186 Views)

Well, I understand German too...

But I worked in pressure sensors development where you have to differentiate between tension (mechanische Spannung oder auch Dehnung) and voltage (elektr. Spannung)  carefully Smiley Wink

Message Edited by GerdW on 12-09-2008 10:05 AM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 12
(3,163 Views)

ok about TTL puls

TTL-short pulses are predefined 5V square pulses. The question is for the task, but irrelevant.

and

I thank you so much for the effortSmiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,153 Views)
then I want to know how can I get a TTL pulse signal produce? TTL-short pulses are predefined 5V square pulses. The question is for the task, but irrelevant. So when you run the signal as in pdf file, the TTL pulse will comes but only if I want, after the confirmation from me by an OK button 
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,144 Views)

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the post and I hope your well.

So to output the triangular wave (this now not being a digital 5-0V signal) you will require an Analog Ouput Task (AO). What hardware are you using? If you are using one of NI's DAQ Boards you can use the DAQmx API. 

In LabVIEW there any many shipped examples for DAQmx coding. I would suggest going to, Help>>Find Examples>>Hardware Input/Ouput>>DAQmx>> Analog Generation>>Voltage.. then maybe take a look at Cont Gen voltage Wfm - Int Clk.vi.

This example you could then replace the waveform in the waveform buffer generation.vi with the code you were given earlier.

Also, a great resource for learning more about DAQmx programming please see this link:

Getting Started with NI-DAQmx: Main Page

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5434

contains Basics and advanced topics, Examples and FAQ.

If your not using DAQmx or have any other questions, please post back.

Hope this helps, 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 9 of 12
(3,128 Views)
thank you very much

but I want a signal generate exactly like me in pdf file is

only upwards and then back to 1 a straight line and after a short time back to top
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,086 Views)