From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview

I'm  novice with labview so I figured I would come here to ask for help. Use LabVIEW to simulate 5 temperature measurements that are between 72 and 73°F (do this byadding a constant to a random number).Averagethese 5 numbersin LabVIEW to estimate themeasured temperature in the room.If the true value in the room is supposedly 72.5°F determine the%error of your measurementby doing a calculation in LabVIEW. Include a LabVIEW screenshotshowingthe front panel and the blockdiagram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,436 Views)

From the wording, it looks like a school/college lab assignment or exercise.

Now, what exactly do you need the forum member help with?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,433 Views)

Let's see here...I think you need a FOR loop, an Add inside of the loop, a Mean.vi call (look in the Mathematics palette), a Subtract, should probably have an Absolute Value, and a Multiply.  I'll leave the rest of your homework to figure out.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 8
(1,395 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Let's see here...I think you need a FOR loop, an Add inside of the loop, a Mean.vi call (look in the Mathematics palette), a Subtract, should probably have an Absolute Value, and a Multiply.  I'll leave the rest of your homework to figure out.

The directions are way too complicated.  And Tim should drink more coffee.  Why put the add in a loop? You can add a constant to an array faster but, you don't need that either! Grab the mean of 5 dice throws then add 72 for measured temperature.  100 * abs (1- Tact/Tmeas) should be somewhere in your Grey matter.

LabVIEW judu secret says MENU File >> Print VI select Icon, Documentation, FP and BD.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,332 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

The directions are way too complicated.  And Tim should drink more coffee.  Why put the add in a loop? You can add a constant to an array faster but, you don't need that either! Grab the mean of 5 dice throws then add 72 for measured temperature.  100 * abs (1- Tact/Tmeas) should be somewhere in your Grey matter.

LabVIEW judu secret says MENU File >> Print VI select Icon, Documentation, FP and BD.

1. I don't drink coffee.  I'm hyperactive enough.

2. I did think about moving the Add out of the loop and did start simplifying in my head, but I thought it would be too much for a noob student.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,324 Views)

@king89, it is usually a good idea to put a brief summary in your subject line. Using "Labview" is rather vague in a forum where all of the posts are related to LabVIEW.

Oh, and when you're wanting help with homework it's usually better to make an attempt and then come to the forum with specific questions - you get a lot more helpful and less sarcastic answers.

Message 6 of 8
(1,319 Views)

@johntrich1971 wrote:

@king89, it is usually a good idea to put a brief summary in your subject line. Using "Labview" is rather vague in a forum where all of the posts are related to LabVIEW.

Oh, and when you're wanting help with homework it's usually better to make an attempt and then come to the forum with specific questions - you get a lot more helpful and less sarcastic answers.

But, helpful AND sarcastic replies are so much fun to read. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 7 of 8
(1,276 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@johntrich1971 wrote:

But, helpful AND sarcastic replies are so much fun to read. 

😂

Message 8 of 8
(1,273 Views)