From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview vision Extract Contour

Hi to all. I am using NI vision module to find a curve on picture. But in a real conditions the curve has gaps. In "IMAQ Extract Contour VI" help I saw "Match Constraints" options, wich allow to combine a few curves in one contour. If I understood that right.

I make a test image to try do that. But I didn't do that right. And got a few short contours, instead one long.

изображение.png

Have you explain me, how can I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,900 Views)

Hello Forest

I tried to simulate your problem by creating a similar image of yours.I also faced the same issue.

But I found in the NI Example ( Contour Analysis.vi ) that "Match Constraints" options plays a role in combining curves to the contour.I have attached the modified example, Try to vary the max. distance from 10 to 25 - to see the difference. Then I generated curves that are not closed and I saw that the distance parameter helped combine curves to contours(PFA). So by this experiment I feel "Match Constraints" doesnt apply for closed curves. Hope this lead helps. Let me know your thoughts

-Rahul

Hit KUDOS to convey Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,827 Views)

Does anyone know how to show in labview those green contours showed in NI Vision Assistant?

The Extract Contour VI just return the selected contour (in RED on Vision Assistant). Is there any way to return all the contours detected?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,457 Views)