From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring-Beschriftung dynamisch über Eigenschaftsknoten ändern.....funktioniert nicht.

Solved!
Go to solution

Einen schönen Tag an Alle,

ich möchte/muss die Ring-Beschriftung dynamisch ändern und habe dies mit den Eigenschaftsknoten versucht.

Obwohl z.B. der Untertitel eines Rings so geändert werden kann, bleibt die Beschriftung davon irgendwie unbeeindruckt.

Den Ring einzeln (und nicht in einem Cluster) zu setzen und/oder nicht mit Schieberegistern zu arbeiten ändern hier leider nichts.

Kann mir jemand von Euch Experten auf die Sprünge helfen?

Schöne Grüße

Ralf

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,482 Views)

Hi Ralf "knuckle of pork",

as this is an English forum you should write your messages in English.

When you are more comfortable using German you could post in the German www.LabVIEWForum.de!

To answer your question:

• You cannot change the label of a control at runtime.
  • Make the caption visible, hide the label. Change the caption at runtime. That's what it's for!
  • You could have seen this on your own when you would either enable automatic error handling or implement some error handling in your VI!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(1,473 Views)

Bugger! My bad.

I don't know why NI has put me into this forum, but okay.

If I understand you right then you can't change a Ring-label using property nodes (although this is a property node option), but the captions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,448 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eisbein

@Eisbein wrote:

Bugger! My bad.

If I understand you right then you can't change a Ring-label using property nodes (although this is a property node option), but the captions.

You can't change any label if the VI is running, not just rings but not for any control or indicator.

You can use a property node to change a label if the VI is not running (get the reference through VI Server). That is why the label.text property is read\write.

Captions can be changed when the control\indicator is running. Labels are used on the diagram, and changing them would change the diagram, which can't be done while the VI is running (except breakpoints).

Message 4 of 7
(1,439 Views)

Hi Eisbein,

@Eisbein wrote:

Because you choose to post in the NI LabVIEW forum.

The German www.labviewforum.de operates independently from NI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,433 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Eisbein,

@Eisbein wrote:

Because you choose to post in the NI LabVIEW forum.

The German www.labviewforum.de operates independently from NI…

Alternatively, Google translate does an OK job nowadays.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,417 Views)