LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview "Tab" under string function

The file format you have described, where rows are separated by New Lines, and columns are separated by a delimiter (typically a <Tab> or a <comma>(,)) is called a "Delimited" file, or (if the separator is a comma), a Comma-Separated Variables (.csv) File.  Note that if you have Microsoft Excel installed, it will give .csv files an "Excel-like" icon, causing LabVIEW users to erroneously call this an "Excel" file.

As other responders have noted, LabVIEW provides a function to read and write Delimited files.  In LabVIEW 2014 and earlier, this was called Read from (or Write to) Spreadsheet File, while in LabVIEW 2015 and later, it goes by the name Read (or Write) Delimited Spreadsheet.  By default, these files use a <tab> delimiter.  There are also two functions in the String Palette that convert "Spreadsheet strings" (rows separated by New Lines, columns separated by Delimiter) into Arrays, and vice versa.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,287 Views)

Thanks for the assistance 🙂 

However the "read delimited spreadsheet" only works for double function? I wish to have sring functions and the string to be also shown out as uploaded....

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,249 Views)

Read Delimited spreadsheet will work fine for Double,Integer and String?

What do you want to achive? why specifically string?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,242 Views)

Try this

XYGraph_Forum_1.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,237 Views)

Hey Palanivel,

Thanks again for the help, I maanged to recostruct your vi and mine by linking the file path dialog together to form as set.

It works perfectly(I think lol) and now I have the following issues.

1)I have to plot out the histogram of the 3 XY Graphs you have helped me with.

2)I have to collect the exact data out and fill it up to the tank to show the actual amount for C, G and D

3)On the left side I have to log the various data as mentioned, namely the previous test I have conducted, number of test to conduct and the renaming port.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,234 Views)

2)I have to collect the exact data out and fill it up to the tank to show the actual amount for C, G and D

What is mean by exact data?, from where you will collect exact data?

3)On the left side I have to log the various data as mentioned, namely the previous test I have conducted, number of test to conduct and the renaming port.

Explore more about how to save text file for logging data.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,225 Views)

2) From the text file data obtained, so for example the data shows the 3 columns which is C,G and D values. the values have to be filled up to the tank.

3) For this case I feel that 2) should be of pirority instead. Before I rush to 3) 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,222 Views)

The Slider/tank expects Scalar value but the data from file is an array, how do you map an array as an input to a scalar terminal?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,206 Views)

Sorry for the late reply Palanivel,

@PalanivelThiruvenkadam wrote:

The Slider/tank expects Scalar value but the data from file is an array, how do you map an array as an input to a scalar terminal?

I think I have to consult my team for this part...

As for 1) as mentioned earlier, should I use the "Build XY-graph" function to link all 3 data to form a "Create Histogram?"

Regards

John 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,126 Views)