LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview: memory is full Error

I am performing an impact test for which I am acquiring data using LabView 10. I am acquiring data @ 1Msamples/sec. for 4 seconds. When I am acquiring data for 2 sec, the program is running fine but when I am increasing data acquisition duration is showing following Error-

Labview: Memory is full

The top-level VI "test-1.VI" was stopped at unknown on the block diagram of "ex-CreateSignalChunkString.vi"

refer to the VI Memory usages topic in the LabView Help for suggestions on monitoring and improving VI memory usage.

I am not using any loop/ structure in my program. I am just acquiring analog voltage data from the strain gauge and writing it to measurement file (.lvm).

I would be thankful if you can suggest me the required modification in my program.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,334 Views)

A question and an observation:

• What is LabVIEW 10?  The last "numbered" version of LabVIEW I know of was 8.7, after which they changed to "Year" numbering (so LabVIEW 2019 will be released this year).
  • If your program is giving you an error, there is probably something wrong with either your Program (Software) or the equipment it is trying to run (Hardware).  You didn't tell us anything about the Hardware you are using (so we can't help you there), and you didn't attach your Code and thus we have no knowledge of the Software you are using, making it very difficult to "suggest to you the required modification to your program".  We do know the name of your Program (test-1.vi), but that's not so helpful ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,306 Views)

Thank you Bob for your reply. I will try to clear your doubts-

• I am using LabVIEW 2010.
  • I am using NI DAQ card- PXIe-6124 (max sampling rate=4Msamples/sec)
  • I am atteching screenshot of my VI-
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,296 Views)

Please find attached VI screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,294 Views)

@Uniyalpiyush wrote:

You know it would be easier to take a screen capture directly (e.g. alt-printscreen), not with a camera. Even easier is to attach the VI and it would not result in a 5MB attachment (12 RGB Megapixels are overkill for 20kb worth of information!). A picture of the block diagram is useless to use. We cannot even see what the control values are. We cannot tell where most wires are connected, and we cannot even read the labels. So:

Attach the actual VI

Tell us what control values work and what controls values give you the memory error. How are the express VI configured?

Sonce you don't seem to have a toplevel loop, is this a one-shot deal or are you using "continuous run" mode?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,291 Views)

You might want to consider wiping clean your monitor screen once every 10 years or so.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,261 Views)

@Uniyalpiyush wrote:

Thank you Bob for your reply. I will try to clear your doubts-

• I am using LabVIEW 2010.
  • I am using NI DAQ card- PXIe-6124 (max sampling rate=4Msamples/sec)

Thanks.  I'm not wasting my time with a "screenshot of my VI", from which I probably will learn almost nothing ...  Attach your VI.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,259 Views)

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please find the attached VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,240 Views)

Hi Uniyal,

The top-level VI "test-1.VI" was stopped at unknown on the block diagram of "ex-CreateSignalChunkString.vi"

This is a subVI of that WriteMeasurementFile ExpressVI.

Suggestion: get rid of ExpressVIs and write "real" and (most often) "better" LabVIEW code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,222 Views)

Never mind, others have already dealt with the 5MB file problem.....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,201 Views)