LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview load error code 3

Hi,

I've got twice this error message with Labview 2011: "Labview load error code 3 :could not load front panel".  I have to recode my VI entirely.  So I attached the new VI to this post.  I noticed that error doesn't occur all the time.

thanks for your help.

Santorro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(3,556 Views)

Hi Santorro,

Is your problem LV 2011 specific? Could you upload a LV 8.5 version of it so that we can check?

Regards,

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(3,555 Views)

Santorro,

I am having trouble reproducing your error, I have run your posted VI many times in LV2011 and have not been able to get any error. Could you give me a little more detail on what your actually putting in for a value when you get the error? or how often it is occurring ?

Thanks

Beau H

National Instruments

BeauH
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(3,527 Views)

Hi,

since I did recode it for the 3rd times, I can't reproduce the error code anymore.  Strange because I changed nothing on the front panel.  

I had the problem when I used the CRC.vi as a subVI.  Trying to open it by double-clicking on it it showed me the error code and then I can't reopened the Vi by any ways. 

I'll get you in touch if the problem occur again.

Thanks

Santorro 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(3,523 Views)

Hi!

I'm having the same problem, I saved the file and after one minute I wanted to reopen it. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(3,444 Views)

Hi Mikel_j

When I try to open your vi I get the same error. Is this similar to what the previous post mentioned, in that this was a vi from a previous version of LabVIEW and if so could you post that vi so we can review it, and also if it is did you go through the upconvert steps to open a vi written in a version of LabVIEW older than 8.6 in LabVIEW 2011? 

Here is a link that shows what versions of LabVIEW can open.(granted its is a little old, it only goes up to 2010 but 2011 will follow the same pattern)

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8387

Thanks

BeauH
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(3,426 Views)

Could anyone help me to open this code?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(3,268 Views)

Hi manu,

don't create duplicate posts! Next time you should use the version conversion board instead of bumping up two old threads!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(3,258 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Sorry about it as I was desperate to make that code up and running.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(3,243 Views)

Hello Santorro,

The "Could not load Front Panel" error is specific to LV 2011 and is due to a failure to load/save the connector pane picture. It's been fixed with LabVIEW 2011 SP1 and subsequent versions.

To recover the VI, it must be opened with LV 2012 and saved back for 2011 version. It also can be opened with 2011 SP1 if you insert an appropriate ini token (ConnPaneRecoveryMode=True), then copy all the code into a brand new VI (then don't forget to reboot LV, setting back the token).

Regards,

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(3,237 Views)