LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview libtiff implementation

Hi!

I wrote a simple collection of VIs to write/read multipage TIFF files (8-bits only) using libtiff. Feel free to use and modify it and give me your feedback!

N

Message 1 of 115
(15,688 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Good start point for libtiff. But I think error handling like this will be a bit more useful:

new.png

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 115
(15,636 Views)

hi, Nico_MPI

thanks your example.

could you please give me a suggestion about --how to change from U8 to U16 ?

did I need to modify the origin code or just modify labview parameter?

thanks your help

Patch Chen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 115
(14,965 Views)

I downloaded the libtiff library and implemented your code. Everything gets smooth. However, what confuses me is that I cannot really read or open a tif image because your code only gives out the handle in integer type, but what shall I do with that? I enclosed a tif image of multiple frames. Could you show me how to open and read it?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 115
(14,928 Views)

The file that I enclosed turns out to be 32bit tif, do you know how to deal with it?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 115
(14,917 Views)

hi, guys

I modify the libtiff_U8.llb from Nico_MPI. so please download my attatched file and use them.

the attatached file read stack tiff test.vi is can used in U16 that was my main requirement. beside I note some words to explain how to modify parameters that for used in U8/U16/U32. but in U32 I am NOT ensure can used, so I JUST give a way to think. wish if you find the correct way please put them in here.

I provider labview version 2010/8.5 and libtiff.dll

thanks

Patch Chen

labview 2010

Message 6 of 115
(14,914 Views)

Smiley HappyYou are the man, how can I give a hundred Tudos points? 

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 115
(14,904 Views)
hi, Arnold sorry, I don't know what is the Tudos? thanks Patch
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 115
(14,884 Views)

Hi!

after seeing that there is still some interest in libtiff in the Labview community, I created another collection of VIs that allows for reading and writing single/multipaged TIF files. The VIs support U8, U16, and U32 (handled as SGL) data depths, but no RGB. I implemented two ways of writing a TIF pages:
1. Using the function WriteScanLine, writing a single line to the TIF file
2. Using WriteEncodedStrip, writing a chunk of ~ 8 kB to the file

Two examples are included to show hot to use the VIs.

Apart from this, I improved the general VI structure and wrote some code more adherent to the libtiff specs.

Enjoy and let me know what do you think!

Nico

Message 9 of 115
(14,855 Views)

Hi, Nico,
Its will be nice if you will attach also SubVIs, not only lvlib. Thank you!
Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 115
(14,835 Views)