LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview interface with micro contoller

Solved!
Go to solution

i am new to labview. I need to know whether DAQ card is needed to interface with micro controller? if no need then any one can you explain how to inter face microcontroller 89c51 with Labview...... if needed then explain how to interface?

JAGADESAN ASOKAN

J@G@De5@N
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,485 Views)

Hi jagadees put more details.

Are you communicating with the microcontroller or reading digital signals from it???

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,478 Views)

Need to communicating,

My application is monitoring irrigation system, need to control it by using Labview.

Then get data from microcontroller and display.Then instruct labview to microcontroller Regarding Setpoint and some other datas......                                                                    

J@G@De5@N
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,459 Views)

In general, no, you don't need a DAQ, because in your case, the uC is the DAQ. Your challenge is to set up an interface between the computer and the uC (whether using LabVIEW or anything else).

In my opinion, the easiest way to accomplish that is to set up a serial interface with the uC, and use LabVIEW to control / read the uC serially using VISA. This would require the least amount of hardware and least cost. I2C, if available, is also a way to go if you have the interface.

Richard

Message 4 of 17
(3,447 Views)

What hardware do you have to work with?  Is it an eval board with a couple of interfaces (serial, USB, etc)?  Or are you designing the hardware and considering how to interface with it?

We'll need more info to help with the LabVIEW side.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,423 Views)

Hi

If you are already acquiring data with the microcontroller, you only need to program a serial communication (RS-232 is easily, could be USB too) to transmit and receive data to your PC. Search the LabVIEW examples, you can find several sourcecodes for TX and RX serial data. Greetings,

Jorge N.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,409 Views)

Hi Jagadesan,

You can use the example vi - basic serial write and read with COM1 as VISA resource name if you have serial port on your PC.

If you dont have serial port you can use USB - RS232 serial adapter and check device manager for the COM port number and use that COMX as VISA resource name in the example vi.

You will need to write a program on 89c51 to read and write to serial port. If you are planning to use I2C then you will need I2C hardware for PC and need to write bit-banging program on 89c51, using Serial port is easier compared to I2C on 89C51.

Regards

Rajshekar P

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,377 Views)

Thanks ... Broken....

J@G@De5@N
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,367 Views)

By Using Serial port

J@G@De5@N