cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview interface with arduino

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use the LabVIEW interface with Arduino on a simple blinking code. I have tried the code using Arduino and it works. When I run it from labview only the RX light on the Arduino board blinks for a few seconds and then a 5003 errors appears on the screen (refer to error picture below). I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am using the VIPM 2019 version with 2019 version of Labview. I have correctly install arduino and its drivers and uploaded LIFA to the board. From the device manager I can see that arduino is connected to COM3 which is what i am using in my code. 

I am not sure what to do please help. 

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,811 Views)

Hello John

Hope you have seen this NI support page.

If the solution provided in the above link doesn't work, please try to download lower version of Arduino IDE (like 1.0.6), you can find older Arduino IDE versions below. This worked for most of us. 

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases

-Rahul

Hit KUDOS for Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,744 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johng1996

And you can place the Set Digital Pin VI ( that is used to set the pin as output) outside the while loop.I personally found LINX toolkit user friendly than 'LabVIEW interface for Arduino' toolkit because it contains good example VIs

-Rahul

Hit KUDOS for Thanks

Message 3 of 5
(2,738 Views)

As the link already given suggests, you might have better luck with LINX than LIFA.

That aside, you could also consider the following (but neither of these are your problem);

1. You have a shift register that you're not actually using. Consider wiring the left side instead of using a tunnel
  2. You have the Set Pin Mode inside the loop with a constant input ("Output"). You could do this before the loop, and only change the value (from the Boolean control) inside the loop.

Also, just to get the obvious questions out of the way, are you using an Arduino Uno over USB? Is that the correct baud rate? 🙂

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,737 Views)

Yes, that's what I ended up doing. I just used LINX and converted the code I had and it worked perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,715 Views)