From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview installation problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am new to Labview and I am trying to install Labview 2011 on my laptop which running on Window 7.

When i am installing the software, the overall progress is showing 0% all the time for a few hours (Please see the screenshot attached). I have kill the installer and tried a few times also doesn't help. (I did turn disable my antivirus and firewall)

What could be wrong? Please help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,842 Views)

What kind of processor does your laptop have?

Check this out and see if it applies.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-2011-SP1-installer-problem-with-AMD-FX-processor/td-p/189977...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,836 Views)

System information as below:

Processor: Intel i5

Memory: 4GB

System: Window 7 64bit

I did try downloading 64bit labview and does't help too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by IZEC

I encountered a problem installing LabVIEW 2011 SP1 and was surprised as I had not encountered problems with installing LabVIEW for several previous versions.  I got some sort of permission problem towards the start of the install.  The error was 1303.  Using Intel processor as well so it wasn't the AMD problem.  I got round the problem by turning off the Windows Firewall. Some explanation.  I am using the latest Trend Micro Titanium 2012 Virus Protection.  One of the recommendations for this error was to turn off Anti-Virus software.  The latest versions of Anti-Virus software have a different architecture than older versions to reduce their footprint.  In fact with the latest Trend Anti-Virus there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off.  The newer Anti-Virus software makes use of the Windows 7 Firewall which is now considered effective, rather than their own firewall which older versions did.

Anyway I wonder whether these install problems could be related to something like this and maybe you are not seeing the error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,814 Views)

4GB of RAM sounds kind of low to try to run Windows 7 on it.

But I don't think that would cause you an installation problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,806 Views)

Hi Andrew, I was focus on the firewall/antivirus (Symantec) after read your reply here. The installer does not prompted any error regarding the permission issue so I does not know what is happening. Although I have disable the antivirus it still doesn't help until I restarted my laptop with my antivirus disabled and reinstall the LV again. Finally, the installer is able to run after restarted the laptop. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,793 Views)

I had a similar problem last week as I was installing all the versions of LabVIEW one by one since 2010 SP1 (on the same machine) (I haven't had a requirement to upgrade the software before although we have all the licensed copies).

The error 1303 first appeared for the folder 'Update Service' (when installing 2011/sp1 versions).

I noticed another strange thing: I tried to take over the ownership of the folder in question and I could not. So after cancelling the installation and restarting the computer, I went back to the 'Shared' folder and looked for the 'Update Service' folder (to try to take the ownership). It was NOT there at all !

Subsequently the installation of LabVIEW was okay.

When installing the 2012/sp1 versions, the problem was with the 'NI Error Reporting' folder. As in the above case, I noticed the folder missing after a restart, which probably allowed the installation to be successful for LabVIEW (however, the Signal Express installation failed).

I haven't tried the installation with windows firewall and/or trend micro antivirus disabled.

I recall no such inssue when I installed the 2012 SP1 evaluation version on another 'new' computer (no previous LabVIEW installtions).

Anyway, I hope these information would help NI with their investigation (if any).

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,641 Views)