From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview fpga fixed size arrary error

I am trying  to read the last sec data from fpga if my device under test reaches the specified threshold. The way I am doing it is by reading the analoge values from labview fpga making an array of them and checking it against a threshold and if the last elemrnt of the array is matching the threshold I save the data otherwise its discarded but I am getting the array size error at the output shift register of while loop and have no idea how to solve it. Kindly recommend some solution.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,021 Views)

Hi kazmi,

in FPGA you have to work with fixed-sized arrays.

You cannot use BuildArray in situations when it changes the array size!

Did you read the FPGA basics?

Btw. comparing boolean values with boolean constants (twice!) just to set a loop condition is considered Rube-Goldberg…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,014 Views)

I am new at LabVIEW fpga and have little time to complete this task.

Can you recommend something instead of build-array function to form an array.....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,003 Views)

Hi kazmi,

define/initialize the array using InitArray. Work with this array without changing its size using ReplaceArrayElement…

This is basic FPGA stuff and you should learn this before doing FPGA development!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(999 Views)