LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview fpga data logging not fully Working

Hi, I just ran the datalogging example for CRIO and Labview FPGA/RT and it worked, but I'm measuring a DC value and it's getting fluctuating measurement. Please, how can I improve this? solve, I mean...

capture.JPG

Thanks for your help! I'm a newbie!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,395 Views)

Change from chart to graph.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,386 Views)
I can't try right now, but i think it won't work. I reviewed the log file and it's supposed to be at 6.30V DC (Agilent high accuracy power supply), and I have top value of 6.30 but lower points. Settling time maybe? I'm using a sampling rate of 1ms, that's slow for this equipment so I may be doing something wrong...Nevertheless, thanks for your help...I'd try it...but please tell me what else i'm doing wrong. Bye!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,377 Views)

Hi 

From looking at the code you are only interested in one channel and sending data back from the FPGA on all 4. Put an Index Array function in to take the column of your data for channel 0 and only display that. I think that your are getting 500 samples but 125 from each of the four channels. To check ground the other three channels and you should then see 6.3V, 0V, 0V, 0V, 6.3V .....

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,358 Views)

Hi Mike, thanks for your answer I worked on what you said and it worked..Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it....sorry for my delayed comment, but I've been with a lot of work and my labview practicing sessions were sadly left behind, nevertheless I tried what you told me just after you told me and it worked....

BUT, there's something going on...If I fix the sampling rate to a 500us, it's not the actual SR......It's less than that, I noticed this using a function generator and making a freq sweep manually to look for the max freq it was able to catch...it was less than 1kHz which is more than 1ms.

What am I doing wrong? is it because I'm using my PC to graph? how can i fix this? Thanks in advance....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,324 Views)

I'm getting really interested on this...I hope to have my own answer tomorrow...but please feel free to make any comment...i'd really appreciate it...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,318 Views)

Add 1Mohm resistor from negative to ground. It will work!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,273 Views)