From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview exe running on PC

Hi forum,

i need help, I am pretty new in labview and i have trouble to let my programm running. I used a i7 laptop for setting up my application now i wanted to run the application on a intel atom n2800  http://ark.intel.com/products/58917 its not working that fine. (80%CPU usage) I am using a NI9220 cDAQ usb chassis and using 7 channels with 100ks/s sampling rate. 

I guess my application is the problem as i just have one while loop running where all the data gets callculated. I didnt care about the overhead that much as it was running fine with the I7 processor, so now i would like to set the application running on the N2800. I dont need all the graphs and callculations that i have right now so i may will start removing some graphs. 
It would be great if someone can give me tips what i should do to get it running.

Thanks a lot and best

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,434 Views)

First a few tips.

You have a lot of property nodes and terminals that don't have their labels showing.  Make sure the labels are visible so someone looking at the block diagram know what the property nodes and terminals are there for.

You have a lot of property nodes period where all you are doing is reading the value.  Local variables would be better.  Property nodes are much slower because they require a switch to the user interface thread.  Better yet, on many of them, you should be able to get the data just by using wires.  They seem to be getting elements out of clusters that are being written to on the same diagram.  Just use a wire and unbundle the cluster if needed.  It will also prevent problems with race conditions where the value coming from the property node or local variable may be from the current iteration of the loop or the last iteration of the loop depending on who won the race and whether the data got written to the terminal first or second.

The subVI's are missing, so it is impossible to look into them to see if they are slowing down your VI.

Your vertical and horizontal scrollbars were turned off which made it that much more difficult to move around the window to see what is going on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,423 Views)

Hi, 

thansk for your answer will provide some vi where i think there could be some issues:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,414 Views)

Hi, 

thansk for your answer will provide some vi where i think there could be some issues:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,414 Views)

This is the scaling vi 

I am also working on a simple state machine (Start, DAQ, Logging, Report, Stop) that will may make the application better. 

thank you very much 
Martin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,407 Views)