LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error -2147352573 occured at Member not found" when trying to open an excel template

I'm trying to open an excel document as a template using the report generation tools but coming up with this error.  I've traced the error to NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Excel_Open_Workbook.vi but have to idea why it's happening.  The document seems to be fine as I can open and edit it in Excel.  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm using Labview 8.6 and Excel 2000.  I've attached an image of the error and it's source.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,256 Views)

Your embedded image does not show up because it points to a location on your hard drive.  You must attach the image to your message first.  Then once you posted the message, you can edit the message and embed the image based on its path to the NI webserver.

Second, please don't post Word documents with images embedded in them.  Other people refuse to open Microsoft Word documents.  But the problem for me is that it creates a much larger file to download than necessary.  Your attachment is over 1/2 MB when the image is probably only about 50 KB.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,247 Views)

Thanks, I've added an image of the error, hopefully not just a link to something on my hard drive.

Open Excel Error

Message Edited by zeppelin_79 on 10-13-2008 09:27 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,240 Views)

Sorry, my final attempt to post a picture:

Error 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,233 Views)

Did you resolve this issue? If so, what was the solution? To me it seems like there's an incompatibility issue with the "Open" method and Excel 2000... I get the error with Excel 2000, but not with 2002, 2003 and 2007.

- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,973 Views)

Philip-

What version of the Report Generation Toolkit are you using?  The latest version (1.1.4) requires the use of Microsoft Office 2007/2003/XP as per the Readme.  This appears to be one of the limitations associated with the previous version of Excel.

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,957 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for pointing out the compatibility issue. I got the error with version 1.1.3 and therefore upgraded to 1.1.4 - after taking a glance at the readme document. I guess that I was mistaking the supported OS version ("Windows Vista/XP/2000") with the supported version of MS Office ("2007/2003/XP").

I originally received the error when running an executable on a Office 2000 machine. The executable was built on a Office 2003 machine since I have previously been able to build on Office 2003 and run on 2000. I'm not sure what was different with this executable. Anyway, after installing the LV development system on the Office 2000 machine, the issue turned out to be that some ActiveX methods had been disconnected. All I had to do was re-point the Invoke Nodes to the appropriate ActiveX methods.

Please note that my application in this case is very simple and therefore only exposes a small part of the Office 2000 ActiveX API. I'm sure that I would run into a non-compatibility wall if I were to implement more Office 2000 functions with RGT 1.1.4.

Message Edited by Philip Courtois on 06-18-2009 01:26 PM
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,953 Views)

I am running a computer that has MS 2003 and am getting this same error trying to accomplish the same goal any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,439 Views)

What is your labVIEW version?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,423 Views)