From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview driver for Newport ESP301.

Solved!
Go to solution
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(3,086 Views)

Hi cbutcher! 

When I was trying to read the position of the stage by using the following program, there was an error saying something wrong in the Write Command and Read. Do you know what is going on here? Thanks!

03.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(3,079 Views)

Without hardware, can't be sure, but looks like maybe the Write Command and Read (sub)VI is not sending a properly formed command. Usually this involves the wrong or missing termination characters.

Double click down a few layers on Initialize.vi (follow the error call stack) and see where the termination character is added, then check it matches the documentation available for the ESP301.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(3,067 Views)

Hi cbutcher,

I have developed the labview program for ESP301 and it is working in one of our PC (test PC). However, when I was trying to transfer everything to another PC (LAB PC), which is in our lab, I run into a problem, shown below. I am wondering if you know how to solve this error? I search online and tried some methods but the it's not resolved. Thanks!

05.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(3,048 Views)

Hi  cbutcher,

We are using RS232 instead of USB cable now, and labview program can control ESP301 now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(3,039 Views)

Dear ,

Could you help to share the LabVIEW drivers of ESP301 here?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(2,801 Views)

1. Download ESP301 Labview driver (version 2010), ESP301 Firmware Installer and ESP301 Utility Installer Win32 from ftp://download.newport.com/MotionControl/Current/MotionControllers/ESP301/Archive%20Software/Labview...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(2,794 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Max999

The pictures attached below are the manual of how to write a Labview program to control ESP301. Hope it helps! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(2,632 Views)

Hi, I got a pretty naive question, when I followed your step, I found that I am not able to open the ESP301 Firmware after updating it, I tried both RS232 and USB, after updating, the program will shut down itself, and when I opened it again, It just kept updating again. Could you please give me any suggestion about that? or can you show me what the interface looks like?

The ESP301 Firmware program is downloaded from here https://www.newport.com/p/ESP301-3N, I am also wondering if you have any other sources for that?

I will really appreciate if you can help me with that. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(2,518 Views)

I am not sure what is the problem of your case. Message 18 of 19 is our final solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(2,513 Views)