LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crashes with database searches

I have been searching a DB file for various amounts of data, but as the amount of data increases, I find myself dealing with crashes. At times the data array size doesn't seem to matter, because LV crashes regardless of the array size. I have tried using various methods to deal with this issue, such as changing the date range(getting various array sizes), setting various cache sizes, choosing various cursor types, and even using the disable diagram structure to pinpoint where my crashes are occuring. The files attached are part of a project with over 30 VI's and I have spent a considerable amount of time to determine the attached code is the specific location where crashes occur.  I do not know if there are limitations to the DB operation VI's, but any assistance from others about its limitations, if they exist, would be appreciated.  Please look at the attached code and use the attached DB to perform the SQL queries included or perform your own if desired. I hope there is an explanation for LV crashing. 

Thanks, 

Fernando 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,171 Views)

the DB had to be reduced in size due to upload file size limitations, but if the data is copied and made to mimic a dataset larger than 3 weeks, the crash occurs. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,152 Views)

Hi Fernando,

That is an interesting issue you are having. Are you getting any data back? At what VI does the crash occur (execute, fetch, etc) ?

Let me know and we can see what the problem might be.

Regards,

Nathan B

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,125 Views)

Its tends to occur when the data is being fetched, right after the SQL search. 

I can get data back occassionally, but for large data sets, and sometimes smaller data sets, LV will crash with an exception error. 

I have included a larger DB file if you would like to use it to test with.

Thanks, 

Fernando

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,112 Views)

Hi Fernando,

I have tested your program with the database you provided, but I was unable to replicate the issues you are having. your program seems to work great on my end.

Have you tried it on other computers? It is very interesting as to what factors could be causing this. Let me know what happens with this and how else I can help.

Regards,

Nathan B

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,084 Views)

I separated the VI into a DB search VI  and a 2D variant conversion VI. By doing this, the crash went away. Im not sure why, but I know my program has been working with data sets over 250K elements since i made the change. 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,066 Views)