cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and phidget bridge 1046 module

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All

I recently buy 2 phidgetbridge 1046 board and downloaded the labview package from Phidget website.

After searching in web I could not find at least one example that works with this module.

Can Someone help me to start a simple example, because in the examples I could not find an approriate or identical example that I can work.

Strange Phidget put many examples and no one for this module.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,334 Views)

I have an older version of the drivers and it included a bridge example (attached, no guarantees).

Probably an oversight that it is no longer included. Did you try contact the vendor?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,302 Views)

Hi altenbach

Thanks for reply.

Your examples seems good, but I need complet libraryes from bridge.

The vendor answear:

", you can use the VoltageRatioInput example in the labview package for the Phidgetbridge, as each of its four inputs count as VoltageRatioInput objects in software."

I use it but why they dont have anymore the bridge librarys?

Why I can not found even one example in labview from phidhets bridge module?

With VoltageRatioInput I have now readings but seems strange...When I press run it has a 5 or 10 sec delay before data showing...

Best

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,170 Views)

Dear All

Here is the first version (not finished but working) of the vI to get readings from 3 S type load cells (3138-100kg from phidgets) and PhidgetBridge 4 input 1046.

After downloadind the libraryes and put them in user.lib folder and following the manufactor suggestion to use VoltageRatioInput example.

When finished I will put the final version here.

Of course suggestions are well come  🙂

best

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,156 Views)

Hi  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,129 Views)

I only have this installed on an old netbook running an instrument and it is unlikely that these libraries work with your current driver. I am sure that the newest drivers must have support for the bridge module. Did you try to contact phidget support?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,126 Views)

Hi altenbach

In attach is the final VI.

I found now the right libraries

https://www.phidgets.com/docs21/Language_-_LabVIEW

Next days I will change my vi for use the bridge libraries instead the Inputvoltageratio.

Cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,119 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cpalka

Dear All

As promise here is my last VI that works with phidgetBridge 1046 module.

Note that use last Phidget22 libraries.

Below are the comments from manufacturer.

"Keep in mind that voltage ratio isn't measured in V, it is in V/V.  Low level output is expected and isn't a problem.  The ADC on the 1046 is 24 bit so even very small output will be quite accurate.   

Just calibrate based on the data you are getting and I think you will find that the output is identical between the bridge code on Phidget21 and the voltage ratio code on Phidget22."

Of course improvements are well come.

Best

cpalka

Message 8 of 12
(5,097 Views)

Thank you so much cpalka!
This VI works like a charm, well done! It is a pity that phidgets dont have a dedicated set of VI examples for the phidgetsbridge 1046.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,672 Views)

Hello Cpalka,

Thankyou very much for your uploading this useful VI program. I have a quick question here. When I try to calibrate the tension/compression load cell which is being attached to 1046 bridge, I find major variation in the V/V values, without even changing the applied load. Can you please guide me how to eliminate or reduce this error?

Any input or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tehreem

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,521 Views)