LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and Simulink

do any body have vi's that connect labview and simulink model???
thanks is advance
motti
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,994 Views)
Hi Motti,

If you described what your problem is, I probably could find some VI's for you.

Andras ferencz
Naturen Kft.
andras.ferencz@naturen.hu
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,994 Views)
Hi,
I am working on setting up a prototype test bench to perform hardware in the loop tetsing of Transmission, IMplement and Engine ECMs. I have a simulink model to control them real time. I could enhance more if you could send me some VIs to import/export between Simulink and Labview
Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,741 Views)
Hi Sesha,
I guess to you need to install the Simulink Interface toolkit for LabVIEW .
so that you could access the Simulink DLL files from Labview.

Regards,
Sundar.
Message 4 of 7
(3,720 Views)
Hi,
It sounds like you might be interested in the LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit which helps use simulink models in LabVIEW VIs.  Here is the link to it on the NI website.  It is also compatible with NI's Real-Time software module.
Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,700 Views)

Apart from the Simulation Interface Toolkit and Real-time Module, if you wish to run using RT, on the LabVIEW side, you will also need to have the Real Time Workshop installed in MATLAB.

Using the SIT, you can just call the mdl files if you aren't running RT. Otherwise, you will need to use the Real Time Workshop builder in MATLAB to build your Simulink model into a dll, which must then be FTP-ed over to your RT system. Then you can call the dll from your VI. There are examples with the SIT.

Message 6 of 7
(3,687 Views)

Hello,

Sima summarized it well:

If you want to run your models in Windows you have two options:

1)      Matlab, Simulink, LabVIEW and Simulation Interface Toolkit installed on the same machine. Build your user interface in LabVIEW and using the SIT Connection Manager (latest version of SIT relies heavily on this), you will point out the *.mdl file in question, create mappings between signals/parameters and the GUI components.

2)      LabVIEW and Simulation Interface Toolkit installed on the same machine. Can call a DLL created using RTW from available from The Mathworks.

If you want to run your models on a LabVIEW RT Target one can call a DLL created using RTW. When building the DLL using RTW one selects the nitdll.tc as the System Target File (and this is installed with SIT).

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,646 Views)