From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview & exercise equipment

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm not sure if this the right section, so I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rule. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion or knows a NI component that can help us

We are using SCI-FIT Pro2 in a research setting. We are planning to do a research project in which we need to program the sci-fit to fit our custom resistance pattern that would change over short time intervals. Our outcome measure, or performance measure, is RPM. We will tell the subject that their goal is maintain a certain RPM (e.g. 40 revolutions per minute), and that’s all they know. Behind the scenes, we want to be able to apply a resistance pattern and there should be flexibility so that we can program any resistance pattern we want. For example, one resistance pattern could be something like this:

1 kg —> 5 kg —> 7 kg —> 2 kg —> 10 kg —> 4 kg, etc. and keep repeating this pattern during a trial, with each interval (—>) lasting 1 minute.

We are wondering if it there is a NI equipment that helps us feed our own labview program ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,201 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Canucks.canucks

To "control" the SciFit Pro using LabVIEW, you need to (a) get input data regarding the output (RPM) from the SciFit, and (b) need a way to control the resistance (possibly a voltage-dependent control?).  If the SciFit has an interface that provides both the readout of RPM and an input for varying the resistance, then writing some code in LabVIEW to enable a DAQ device such as the USB 6002 to provide a time-varying resistance control and provide feedback to the user to get him/her to maintain a set RPM output should be simple to develop.

But you need to figure out how to get the SciFit to provide the Input and Output that LabVIEW would need.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,154 Views)