From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview? Wincc? or webaccess?

Hello

I'm fall in a question!

Can you help me?

I want work more serious with monitoring softwares industrial usage. but I cani compare monitoring software like labview, wincc and webaccess.

which one is faster?

witch one have more tag support?

which one is easy to use?

which one have better mobile monitoring connection and which one easiest?

which one more flexible?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,041 Views)

Disclaimer: I've not heard of or used either wincc or webaccess before so I might be completely wrong but I did have a look on their website.

I think there's a fundamental difference between LabVIEW and the other programs that you mention is that LabVIEW is a graphical programming language whereas the other two are monitoring systems / applications.

In LabVIEW - you write software to do the monitoring (and there are lots of built in tools and hardware to help you with this) whereas with the others you configure them for the system you have and then let them do their thing. With a programming language, you can do anything you like - but there's an obvious time/maintenance/availability of support cost associated with that.

I think the nearest metaphor I can think of is building a computer. You can either buy a computer ready made off the shelf but it might not be exactly what you were looking for, or you can buy the parts and build it yourself to your own exact specification (but it takes time).

Of course, if you learn to program in LabVIEW...those skills can also be used outside of condition monitoring! 🙂

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 2
(3,014 Views)