LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Version 10

I am trying to copy a labview version 10 to another computer but when I copy the code and open it to a different computer.  I don't see the code, what could be the possible reasons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(886 Views)

Are your eyeballs open?

Is the screen turned on?

Are you looking toward the screen?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 2 of 4
(854 Views)

You talk about several things and it is not clear at all what you did.:

• Typically you would install LabVIEW 2010 on a different computer. Not "copy", or whatever you did.
  • LabVIEW 2010 is not supported on windows newer than 7, so there could be some incompatibility.
  • If by "code" you mean your VIs and project, what exactly do you mean by "open"?
  • If you don't see the code, what DO you see? (error message? Blank diagram? blue sky? Rosebush?)
  • Obviously, the reason is that you did something wrong, but we need significantly more detail to troubleshoot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(840 Views)

@NaderShokry wrote:

I am trying to copy a labview version 10 to another computer but when I copy the code and open it to a different computer.  I don't see the code, what could be the possible reasons

What do you mean by "copy a LabVIEW Version 10"?  Do you mean copy the folder C:\Program Files\National Instruments to another PC?  When you mention "the code", do you mean a few VI's (which is what I think of as "LabVIEW code") that you can open with LabVIEW on computer A, but when you move it to computer B, nothing happens when you click on the VI?

Like (almost) any other Programming Language, LabVIEW depends on installing many gigabytes of software (which usually end up in one or more folders on the C: drive, such as "C:\Program Files\National Instruments" (or perhaps C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments).  Have you (or someone else) spent the time to do this installation?  Having done several hundred, I can tell you a LabVIEW installation is not simple.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(806 Views)