LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview UDP delay in receiving and logging data

Hi everyone!

I'm using UDP for communicating with 3 Arduino (Arduino nano 33 IOT) that sends IMU data.

I want to receive and save real-time sensor data at 100Hz, but a delay occurs as the program runs. (one plot has no delay, one has little delay and another has delay that grows with time)

I'd tried separating it into a 3-while loop for each UDP communication then the delay problem was almost solved but it wasn't easy to handle with synchronization.

Here's the problem, I want to gather and log 3 imu data in on the while loop. I'd like to share my labview code.

I'd erased tdms logging block but still, it has delay so I guess logging is not a big deal in this problem.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(624 Views)

If multiple parallel while loops work, you can use Wait Until Next ms Multiple Function to synchronize them. The Difference Between the Wait (ms) Function and the Wait Until Next ms Multiple Function

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(614 Views)

Are you sure all of the UDP data is making it?  UDP by its very nature is a potentially lossy protocol.

Do you have access to the code that the Arduino units use to send their data?  If part of the data they sent could be changed so it included a timestamp or a sequential packet number you could check.

Also, is there any sort of sync between the Arduino units other than that they "should" all be sending data at the same time?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(607 Views)