LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Reentrant VI and User Event

Solved!
Go to solution

I have one Main VI in with i am creating and generating the user event. This VI launch a reentrant VI. Then I launch multiple threads of the reentrant VI from the Main VI. Then I am sending the user event to the Reentrant VI, always the latest instance of the reentrant VI is getting that user event but not the other. Can someone suggest what might be going on wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,283 Views)

Need to see code.  The current thoughts I am having is you have something destroying your User Event each time you launch or you are passing in the registration (you need to pass in the User Event and then each instance registers for that event).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,271 Views)

It would help if you posted some code.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,270 Views)

Thank you for your swift response.

I have attached the code files for reference.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,254 Views)

Since you didn't include the Main vi it's hard to know. The vi that you attached is set to non-reentrant, which is different than what you stated. This looks like an Action Engine and will only work if it is non-reentrant.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abhi318619

Hey, my first guess was almost correct.  You are creating a new User Event with each "registration".  Your "Create User Event" case in your Action Engine should first check to see if the current reference is valid (use Not A Number/Path/Refnum).  If it is valid, just pass that reference out.  If not valid, create the User Event like you already are doing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,209 Views)

Thank you for the solution. It worked perfect

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,173 Views)