LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Professional Enterprise License

Does anyone know the price of LabVIEW Enterprise license? 

Around 10k? 100k?

thanks

 

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,156 Views)

@krispiekream wrote:

Does anyone know the price of LabVIEW Enterprise license? 

Around 10k? 100k?

thanks

 


Priceless... NI has moved to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model. 🤑

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,141 Views)

my manager is asking and I dont know what to tell him. I called customer service and they said they will get back to me and thats the follow up question I have. I was hoping to get an answer. 😞

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,134 Views)

Understanding NI Software Policies

There are two major types of NI licensing:

1. Single seat: registered and managed by a single user. It does not matter if the user is a freelancer, student or employee. If you need multiple licenses, you get multiple serial numbers. The SNs can be registered under one or multiple users. Side note: you can use the community edition for non-commercial purposes.

2. Volume Licensing (or Enterprise agreement): managed by a software admin under one single serial number.

Message 4 of 9
(1,114 Views)

It will depend on how many seats you need, which version(s) of LabVIEW you need, what optional packages you want, what SSP level, etc. etc.  If you get lucky, someone here might tell you what they happened to pay, but it might be very different for your situation.  Your NI rep will likely get back in touch soon if there's an Enterprise license on the table. 

 

 

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,081 Views)

I think it's hard to say because it will be a recurring expense.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,069 Views)

The Enterprise license is a multi user license, I think at least 5 seats but you can opt for more of course. It means you have to install a license server on your premise that can manage the actual users and each user has to configure in his NI License Manager the server address to request a license from.It is and has been for a long time (quite some years before the move to a complete subscription only sale) a subscription type license, so you have to pay every year to be allowed to use it. The price obviously can vary greatly depending on how many users you want to have an active license for. The license server will actively refuse to hand out a new license if you reach the limit of allowed licenses for your account. But once a user quits LabVIEW, that license gets again available for another user. The actual prices also vary a bit depending on region.

 

So the only person who can actually give you a fairly accurate price would be some NI sales representative, after you told them for how many users and what software packages and Toolkits you want a license for.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 9
(1,033 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

The Enterprise license is a multi user license, I think at least 5 seats but you can opt for more of course. It means you have to install a license server on your premise that can manage the actual users and each user has to configure in his NI License Manager the server address to request a license from.It is and has been for a long time (quite some years before the move to a complete subscription only sale) a subscription type license, so you have to pay every year to be allowed to use it. The price obviously can vary greatly depending on how many users you want to have an active license for. The license server will actively refuse to hand out a new license if you reach the limit of allowed licenses for your account. But once a user quits LabVIEW, that license gets again available for another user. The actual prices also vary a bit depending on region.

 

So the only person who can actually give you a fairly accurate price would be some NI sales representative, after you told them for how many users and what software packages and Toolkits you want a license for.


That's not entirely accurate. You don't have to run your own license server, although NI doesn't really give any good means of tracking your usage otherwise. We've had a VLA for many years but only recently got our own server up and running.

 

You also need to have a VLA to use concurrent licenses, but you don't have to use concurrent licenses if you have a VLA. So it's not strictly true that licenses will be available for use by another user unless you are opting into that license model. I wanted to switch to concurrent for a long time, but our NI rep always seemed a bit cagey about it... Finally a new guy told us concurrent licenses are priced as 3x the cost of non-concurrent. I'm not sure if that is typical for other programs that offer both models, but to me that seems a little absurd. In any case, that would have either drastically increased costs or drastically reduced the number of seats, so we stuck with non-concurrent licenses. As a consequence, we need to manually reassign them when we need to move them from one user to another. That's doable for the way we work, and at least now that we are managing them through our own server we have good visibility on how they are assigned.

 


@krispiekream wrote:

my manager is asking and I dont know what to tell him. I called customer service and they said they will get back to me and thats the follow up question I have. I was hoping to get an answer. 😞


As others have said, it varies by region and other factors.

 

How many seats do you need? I can tell you that for our small VLA, the price per license is the same as the single-seat licenses shown on the NI site. The VLA gives us better tools to manage activations across the organization and makes renewals easier. You don't pay extra for that, but, at least in my experience, you don't get discounts on the licenses either.

 

Maybe it's different for larger VLAs with more seats. NI isn't terribly transparent about such things, so I have no idea if that's the case or what the thresholds would be for number of seats.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(993 Views)

Your company/institution has to contact NI Sales to get a quote - this quote depends on a lot of factors, region, number of seats, other business you have with NI, number of years, scope to scale in the future etc.,

 

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(979 Views)