LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview : Modify the value of an indicator during a run

Good morning,

In order to complete a project, I have to find out how to modify the value of an indicator during the same execution.

My indicators depend on 2 commands (drop-down lists): temperature and pressure.

So I would like to be able to select in my drop-down lists another T ° or P value, during execution, and that the values of my indicators change.

I thought about putting an event structure but I don't know how? Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you in advance !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,062 Views)

Hi Projet,

what have you tried and where are you stuck?

Mind to attach your VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,057 Views)

Hello, I have the same problem, I made an "event" structure with "value change" for my dropdown list but I don't know what to put in to make the program happen again when I change the dropdown list during the execution.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,011 Views)

Hi Student,

@StudentXxxxx wrote:

I don't know what to put in to make the program happen again when I change the dropdown list during the execution.

When you want to execute a "part of code" more than once then this "part of code" should be inside a loop…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,004 Views)

Indicators just display the value that 's in the connected wire.

Seems you have little experience with LabVIEW, so here are some tips:

• If you want specific tips, attach your code so we can see what you are trying to do. Your current description is insufficient to tell what the problem is.
  • Learn the basic principles of dataflow (i.e. if the indicator terminal is after the loop, it will not update until the loop has completed. If a control terminal is before the loop, it will not get read again once the loop has started, etc.)). 
  • Learn basic program architecture (toplevel loop, state machine, etc.).
  • Forget about event structures until you are more familiar with general LabVIEW programming. They are not needed for this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(997 Views)